Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why are we still using scripts rather than smartforms in real time

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

gueys

pz help me smartforms are the enhancement of scripts but people in real time using scripts what is advantage comparing to smartforms

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

1) Smartforms was a new product in ver 4.6. Many companies implemented SAP before this so had to use SAPScript. It is often not cost justified to change to Smartforms afterwards.

2) There is a smaller library of standard Smartforms available.

3) With the use of the Internet and other direct links, the importance of paper output is less.

Smartforms is better than SAPScript, but it came too late!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the main thing is we will use the smartforms bcoz they are client independent & no need of much programming required it will take less time in preparing the layout

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It really depends on the release and the expertise of the developer, for example, I have only limitied knowledge of smartforms, mainly because I have never created one that is in productive use. They are all SAPscripts. The reason is simply, we are on 46c and most(all?) of the standard forms are in sapscript and when implementing SAP, all of the consultants developed the forms in sapscript, so from then on, I have just been doing sapscript and modifing the existing ones from go-live. I've just never had the chance to really play with smartforms. Now when we upgrade this fall, my plan is to definintly look into Interactive Forms by Adobe, so my plan is to skip over smartforms altogether.

Regards

Rich heilman