cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are using offline approval functionality for all object types of SRM in SSP and Strategic sourcing scenario.

Our client wants to extensively use this functionality at all level in the organization. Also the notes added by approvers are also very important for the client.

When the approver clicks on "approve" / "reject" button in email sent for offline approval, it opens a new window for mail reply. The matter in the "body text" area is something like this:

-

#WFTECHINFOS#00F3D1395134D34D34D34D7DE7CD81512DB6D34FBE#WFTECHINFOE#You can then enter an approval note.#NOTM#

-

The approver, if wants to add any comments, he has to overwrite the text "You can then enter an approval note."

This is a very comburesome activity and we need to make it presentable and user friendly. Can anybody pls suggest if we can hide it or make it more presentable, without affecting the functionality?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Emil,

I think in fact that you need to enter your text after the final #NOTM#, as there seems to have been a translation error when it was changed from DE to EN. In DE it translates as 'Enter your note after this'.

Changing this text is actually quite a difficult procedure because it is broken down in to its various strings... i.e #WFTECHINFOS#.... the code will run through the array based on a certain number of digits and append the next segment of the message WFTECHINFOS = 11. You can see this by drilling into the code. The whole message is built up like this.

I recommend that you simply add your approval note after the last #NOTM# and stick to the standard.

Additionally if you use SRM 5 there are many new notes that you may want to consider applying.

Hope this helps.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a former thread dealing with text modification in the RBBP_NOTIFICATION_OFFAPP .

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=3694563&messageID=3714821

Kind regards,

Yann