cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1) JSPM is available in this trial version. When can/should/should it be not used to

deploy EE software packages/applications?

2) What tools are available to deploy a EE 5 application? Please list and explain

when to use which tool and if the results of the deployment are identical?

3) Which JVM will SAP officially support (it's own SAP JVM or others -> SUN, IBM

etc.)?

Best regards,

Bernhard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Bernhard,

I can answer only the first question as it is related to JSPM. The rest I will forward to respective colleagues.

JSPM can delploy only SCA and SDA archives. These can be produced by SAP or ISVs.

In CE JSPM should be used only for applying hot-fixes (SDAs) and install/update of ISV components (SCAs).

Note that installation of additional scenarios and support package stack update of CE should be done with CEUPDATE tool.

Best regards,

Petar

JSPM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anton_georgiev
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Bernhard,

I will answer your second question related to the deployment tools.

To deploy pure EE 5 application I would advise you to use

• UI Development Scenario - deploy view from DevStudio->Window->ShowView->DeployView->DeployView->Import Java EE Archive

• Scripting Development Scenario - \usr\sap\<SID>\<INSTANCE>\j2ee\deployment\scripts\ReadMe.txt

Kind Regards,

Anton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

Thanks. Where is the CEUPDATE tool located and/or documented?

Cheers.

Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hello Bernhard,

CEUPDATE.EXE comes with the stack content downloaded from SAP Service Marketplace. So you can start it directly from the directory where you have donwloaded the stack files (SCAs, SARs, etc.).

About documentation I have to check the exact location.

Best regards,

Petar

JSPM