Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Administrator - Web Services Security - Runtime not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the J2EE Engine Visual Administrator, Services, Web Services Security, the Runtime tab doesnt contain something? what have I to activate or to do???

thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Web Services Security Runtime is started. I can stop and restart it without any problems. But the runtime tab doesn't contain anything. I have already deployed an Java Web service and now I wanted to set up the security....

Former Member
0 Kudos

With Netweaver 2004s and Web AS Java 7.00 it works without any problems and configuration.

Only with Netzweaver 04 and Web AS Java 6.40 I have this problem. Has anybody an idea?

0 Kudos

Thomas,

did you check if there are any stack traces in the console of the Visual Administrator?

Maybe they give you more information...

Otherwise, check the log files with the Log Viewer application. You can start it with

<drive>:\usr\sap\<system-id>\JC00\j2ee\admin\logviewer-standalone\logviewer.bat

Hopefully you find some more specific hints there!

Regards, Ingmar

0 Kudos

Were you able to come up with any answers / tips Thomas?

I am experiencing the same problem with a NW2004s system.

Cheers,

Andrew

0 Kudos

I am sorry, but I haven't found a solution yet.

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

You said you were able to start/stop the service ... from where do you do this?

Cheers,

Andrew

0 Kudos

From the visual administrator. Right click on the tree item "Web Service Security" on the left. Then you can stop and restart the service...

0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. Please let me know if you were able to resolve it

0 Kudos

We upgraded to the latest security patch and that, together with making sure the correct user authorisations were in place sorted out the problem.

Cheers,

Andrew

0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I have the same problem...

What do you mean with "security patch" ? wich component is it?

Thanks a lot!

Yolanda.