cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Document not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where i have to take the details of the view in the PDF.

I am using J2EE engine and I have configured the web service for basic authentication. I have installed the credential also.When I test the Adobe Document Services I am getting the request and response.

in response I am getting the following information:-

<b>Required stream: "PDFDocument" not found.</b>.

While running the sample application I am getting the following error:-

<b>com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentRuntimeException: Severe : PDFDocument is NULL. Exception : Service call exception; nested exception is: java.net.UnknownHostException: pwdf3102</b> .

Is it because of the information I have got in the response?

Please let me know and reply soon.

Regards,

Pawan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To Create Interactive Forms in Web Dynproapplications we need following things:

Check whether u hav following software...

1)SAPNetWeaverDeveloper Studio(minimum SPS 11) is installed

2)Adobe LiveCycleDesigner7.0 is installed

3)Adobe Reader7.0.x is installed

4)SAP NetWeaverWeb AS Javacompatible with the DevStudiois installed

5)The Adobe Document Servicesare deployed and configured on the SAP J2EE Engine.

6)The Active Component Framework(ACF) of the Interactive Forms integration is installed. (not mandatory)

7) Internet Explorer(version 6)

Check this links.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2b6db1c4-0801-0010-faa5-ff4b4df5...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/63f09fc2-0401-0010-1482-dbf9891e...

/thread/104121 [original link is broken]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for your reply.I have all the mentioned softwares installed in my system and I have also made all the configurations mentioned in the Installation guide but still I am getting the above mentioned error. Do you suggest any more or other installations. waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Ur error says that ur configuration is correct.If there is some problem in configuration,it doesn't go to response page at all.Check my previous post.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Thanks for your reply.I had activated the trace for ADS but I have a confusion here that do I need to set the severity back to error or not?Also my Log Viewer is showing error why loading.Does it have anything related to the run time error?

Looking forward for your reply.

Regards,

Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

As long as u r able to navigate to response page,nothing is wrong with ur basic authentication.For severity it doesn't matter if u have correct rpData for passing it to ADS.

If u go thru the configuration guide,u can find the same output expected as result for configuration check section.

It has nothing to do with run time error,this error is shown bcos when u check ADS thru wsnavigator,u don't have proper parameters to pass to rpData method.

regards

Sumit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Sorry ,i didn't check u r getting error in sample application also.

As ur basic authentication is fine,u have to check for credentials & ADSCallers group for ur sample application error.

Apart from that if u can send the error log,we can check for application error.

regards

Sumit

Message was edited by:

Sumit Malhotra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Thanks for yuour quick reply.I have installed the credentials in my system.I am pasting the error which I am getting while running the application.

<b>com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentRuntimeException: Severe : PDFDocument is NULL. Exception : Service call exception; nested exception is: java.net.UnknownHostException: pwdf3102</b>

Please let me know how can i resolve this.

Looking forward for your reply.

Regards,

Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Can u send the complete stack trace,better if u check in the server log.Otherwise its hard to findout what exactly is the problem,bcos u can get this error for n number of reasons.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pawan,

For ADS its normal behaviour :-). If u r getting this message u can continue.

If the configuration is correct, the system displays the version number of the Adobe document services in the response area.

You can ignore the message Required stream: "PDFDocument" not found.

If the configuration is not correct, the page does not change and Submit remains on the screen.

for further details u can go thru this link:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/95/5a08cd0e274a0bae559622d6670722/frameset.htm">ADS Configuration</a>

regards

Sumit