cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing MDM from a guided procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a project where my guided procedure has to access MDM to receive and save data. I have made a ‘development component’ of the type ‘web dynpro’ and under the properties of the project added the MDM APIs (SP5 patch1) to the ‘java build path’ – ‘libraries’. And I have added ‘com.sap.mdm.tech.mdm4j’ to the ‘library references’.

But when I build the project from the context menu ‘development component’ -> ‘build…’ I get errors like this:

C:\...\mdm\customer\CreateView.java:20: package com.sap.mdm.commands does not exist

import com.sap.mdm.commands.AuthenticateUserSessionCommand;

^

How do I reference to the MDM APIs from a DC Web dynpro?

PS. I have tried to follow the guide to the old APIs from here:

<a href="/people/lars.rueter/blog/2006/06/26/create-master-data-centrally-using-guided-procedures:///people/lars.rueter/blog/2006/06/26/create-master-data-centrally-using-guided-procedures

But they don’t answer my problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Per,

I guess you are using deprecated API MDM4J.JAR.

MDM4J.jar was deprecated with MDM 5.5 sp 5. Check out the sp level of your installation and get the latest API from the Market place.

Please let me know if i am wrong or right.

Thanks

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply, but I don’t think it is that because I’m only using the new API.

I have already made some web dynpro programs that are working with my setup, but when I made the web dynpro under development component I get the error. It looks like I don’t reference to the API in the right way.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem is now solved.

I created a DC external library with the jar files in it and added the public parts to my project.