cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InterfaceView...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @ all,

I have two components, i.e CompA and CompB.CompB has View calles TestView.

CompA should use CompB as childcomponent for using its Interfaceview. My problem is, when I embed the Interfaceview of CompB into CompA, I only see the InterfaceView in the navigation modeler with a default plug?How can I make navigation links to TestView inside the InterfaceView of CompB?

Can someone help me?

Thank you for any suggestions and hints!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are talking about something like firing a plug and opening the view compB in CompA then in your CompA go to Navigation Modeler. There embed a External Interface view.

When you do that, you will get the CompB Interface view with a inbound plug provided you have added CompB as a used Webdynpro Component in compA.

Now create a inbound plug to View of CompA and then link this plug to the outbound plug of CompB. Then fire the plug in your code something like

wdThis.wdFirePlugToCompB();

Let me know if that clarifies your doubt.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now I can go from CompA View to the CompB view through the InterfaceView, but I cannot navigate back to the CompA View, how can I solve this??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mehmet,

Again you have repeat the same procedure but in this case embed the first component in the second component. Then you will get the interfaceview of the first component with default inBound plug. Then you can fire the plug from second component's view to the first component's view through interface view of first component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You'll have to repeat back the process. Sorry for the mistake.

Message was edited by: Noufal Kareem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again @ all ,

again,

1) I have 2 components, i.e. Comp_A and Comp_B.

2)If Comp_A wants to use views of Comp_B, Comp_B must be child of Comp_A. After this, I can use the views of Comp_B through its InterfaceView using its default inboundplug.

Since, now everything worked fine:-)

3)If a View in Comp_B wants to use a View of Comp_A for navigationg back, you told me that I have to embed Comp_A into Comp_B.(right?)But when I do this, I get errormessage like as following:

"Component Comp_B: Cycle in component usage definitions: Comp_A"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @ all,

If you want to make use of child components views, you have declare an outboundplug in the childs interfaceview controller, after this, you can make navigation links to the parents viewcontroller. Then you must declare the interfaceviewcontroller of your childcomponent as a required controller, by doing this, you can fire the outbound plug of your interfaceviewcontroller.

Thats all...

Very easy..

Thanks @ all..

I like SDN:-)

Answers (0)