Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Interactive Form on server or into a folder

tony_morellet
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to save an interactive form on my server WAS but without user action.

When the user push on the button, the data are safeguarder on R3 and the PDF is stored in the server.

Thank you for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

tony_morellet
Participant
0 Kudos

I have resolved my problem

former_member229034
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tony,

We are working on interactive forms with WebDynPro ABAP. Our requirement is to generate an interactive form from the webdynpro application and save the generated form onto the application server. Could you please let us know if your scenario was the same and also the solution. Your help is very appreciated....

Thank you,

Chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using HCM processes and forms you can use digital personnel files. This saves all form data and attachments that each user submits.

You can also use the save draft button if you are talking about allowing the user to save before submittal.

Does that help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

In general, you should be able to do this by developing and provisioning a simple web service on the NetWeaver Application Server. This Web Service should store a PDF/XDP file that is submitted to it (over HTTP). Depending on your needs you can do this on whichever stack you prefer-- ABAP and Java.

In this scenario the assumed process flow is that the user will fill some information in the Interactive Form and press the 'Submit' button and that button click will transmit the Form to the server. At the server your web service will receive, process and store the PDF/XDP data. This web service will be, what you call, your 'data safeguarder'

Your web service will need to be responsible for handling the management of submissions-- for example, differentiating between new forms and newer versions of existing forms/submissions. This is not too difficult since you can determine certain key fields on your form and use them for differentiating between newer versions of an already submitted form from a new one. You can do this based on explicit (user entered) or implicit (system generated) variables on your Interactive Form that are passed between the client and the server.

I am not sure what the purpose/scenario is of you form(s) or what data your form(s) will contain but if you want more information then you can clarify your requirement and post a new thread.

Regards,

- Vik

tony_morellet
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vik,

Thank you for your answer. I'm going to clarify my demand.

I do not want that the user clicks the button ' Submit ' but the button which I created in the webdynpro.

When the data have been stored on R3, The action save the interactive Form on the WAS.

My netweaver version is 7.0.09.