Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dataserver connection error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to establish connection to SQL database in xMII

but while trying to do that I am getting error saying

Unable to create connection pool for .......

Can anyone guide me what should be done to resolve this error

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sumit,

Have you looked in the General Logs (in the xMII Menu under the Log Management category). You should find a red error message with the fatal error and an indication from the JDBC driver itself as to why the connection failed.

Regards,

Jeremy Good

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm unable to figure out the inference from it. Here is the log :

Fatal error while filling connection pool for jdbc:inetdae:<Server IP>:1433?database=<DataBase Name>&sql7=true com.inet.tds.SQLException: []Login failed for user '<User>'. at com.inet.tds.e.a(Unknown Source) at com.inet.tds.e.a(Unknown Source) at com.inet.tds.e.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.inet.tds.TdsDriver.connect(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.tools.database.ConnectionPool.createConnectionObject(Unknown Source) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.tools.database.ConnectionPool.fill(Unknown Source) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.tools.database.ConnectionPool.initialize(Unknown Source) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.tools.database.ConnectionPool.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.tools.database.ConnectionHolder.addDBConnectionPool(Unknown Source) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.server.Server.createHolder(Unknown Source) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.server.Server.setEnabled(Unknown Source) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.server.Server.parseProperties(Unknown Source) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.server.Server.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.server.ServerManager.add(Unknown Source) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.server.ServerManager.update(Unknown Source) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.gui.handlers.ServerHandler.processServer(Unknown Source) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.gui.handlers.ServerHandler.process(Unknown Source) at com.lighthammer.Illuminator.servlet.Admin.service(Unknown Source) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.SERequestDispatcher.forwardServlet(SERequestDispatcher.java:638) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.SERequestDispatcher.forward(SERequestDispatcher.java:236) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.SERequestDispatcher.internalForward(SERequestDispatcher.java:283) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.SEFilterChain.doFilter(SEFilterChain.java:96) at com.lighthammer.cms.system.CMSFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.SEFilterChain.doFilter(SEFilterChain.java:60) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplicationInfo.filterApplRequest(ApplicationInfo.java:2159) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplicationInfo.processApplRequest(ApplicationInfo.java:1823) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServerHostInfo.processApplRequest(ServerHostInfo.java:937) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java:1091) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java:973) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExecService.processServletRequest(ServletExecService.java:167) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExecService.Run(ServletExecService.java:204) at com.newatlanta.servletexec.HttpServerRequest.run(HttpServerRequest.java:487)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sumit,

jdbc:inetdae:<Server IP>:1433?database=<DataBase Name>&sql7=true

Login failed for user '<User>'

I assume you modified the error log and embedded the <token> elements? If you can ping the SQL Server's IP address from the xMII server, and the database name is accurate, then I would suspect that based upon the login failed error message your username / password combination is not valid or does not have permission to the specified database.

You also need to make sure that your sql server instance has the security setup for both SQL Server and Windows. By default an instance of SQL Server only uses Windows authentication, but it needs to allow both modes since xMII and the JDBC driver will use the SQL Server authentication.

Regards,

Jeremy Good