cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Software Deployment Manager GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install some NW components using SDM. However, when I try to login giving the password its throwing a message "Login attempt failed : Cannot login. There are already active sessions Session Id/1. An administrator logged in via GUI /".

I could not find the related OS process to kill. Do anyone has an idea how to proceed by killing some process or how ?

Thanks,

Sandeep.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The <b>Prerequisites</b> - The SDM Server must be installed and started on the host that you want to access.

The SDM Server accepts only one user at a time. If somebody has already connected to it, you will receive an error message.

For further reference :-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/1f1b46e7dd2bc5e10000000a114cbd/frameset.htm

Regards,

Manomeet

• Award points if useful **

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I have checked the log files but could not get much information as the process to be killed.

I have gone through the help page and when i tried to stop the SDM server using

"StopServer.sh" script I am getting the same message as I was getting while trying to logging in,

Shutdown failed: Cannot shutdown server. There are active sessions: Session id 1 / An administrator logged in via GUI / /

Could not shutdown server: Could not shutdown Server(4)

Details: Shutdown failed: Cannot shutdown server. There are active sessions: Session id 1 / An administrator logged in via GUI / /

Please let me know how to proceed to kill the previously active session.

Thanks.

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I managed to overcome the issue.. I could not get any clue as how to find out the active process and to cancel it. Stop/Start of the SDM server also failed with the same reason that another session is active.

I have restarted the J2ee Engine as the system was a sandbox system which in turn restarted the SDM server too and the session got killed.

Now i am able to login to SDM GUI and install components.

Regards,

Sandeep.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I encountered the same problem.

Try to restart SDM the next time using jcmon. That works fine.

Chose restart process and the SDM process id.

Cheers,

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johanna,

Thanks for your input. Last time, I tried to stop/start SDM using the scripts

StopServer.sh and StartServer.sh in /usr/sap..../SDM/program which did not worked.

Could you please confirm.

After running jcmon, I will select the process from the list as below

and choose to restart the process ( SDM ) by giving the process index

number (15374).

Please confirm.

-

Idx

Name

PID

State

Error

Restart

---

dispatcher

Running

yes

server0

Running

yes

SDM

Running

yes

-

Thanks and Regards,

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

The ids are the "<b>Idx</b>" numbers displayed as the first column of the process list table.

After selecting the command 5 (Restart Process) you have to enter "Process Index" ....which is <b>2</b> in this case.

Regards

Geogi Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep ,

Can you please check detail log of SDM ?

You will find the more details in SDM home / log

\SID\DVEBMGS02\SDM\program\log

Please get back to me if you need further assistance ..

Regards ,

Santosh