cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can u tell me about a <b>clients business process ? How they do the business ?</b> <b>I need some Real time examples.</b>

This is repeatedly asked by interviewer & me. I'm not getting any good answer.

Plz dont give details of Sales & Operations Planning (SOP).

My id : raaj_sap@rediffmail.com

<b>Appreciate your information and will definitely reward points.</b>

regards

Rajarshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

there can be more than one company codes

1.research and development

2.buisness

pharma buisness will have different divisions depending on the drugs they manufacture ex.

1. speciality drugs

2.generics

etc

these division host a no of materials such as cardiac, neuro etc.

there can be following distribution channels

1. exports

2.distributiors ( c& f)

etc.

this can be a basic structure , process would be distributors sends a p.o , company raises a sales order ,delivery.. invoice etc.

reward points

sriram.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi,

one issue with these type of questions is that they are vey generic. It seems that you have not done any research so far. That's why probably a lot of people do not bother to answer.

Anyway...you should have a look at help.sap.com. In the SAP Best Practices area you will find "Industry packages" and in this area, you will find "Pharmaceuticals" as an industry package. This explains a lot on business processes and how they are configured.

You may also want to register at BPX where there is an own thread on Pharma.

I hope this helps.

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajshree,

In pharmaceutical industry, sales process includes selling of finished prodects & intermediate products.

Sales organizations are divided as per the region wise ( geographical) or operations ( sales volume).

Distribution channels include C&F, Direct from factory, internet sales, etc.....

Divisions - Almost all the companies have divisions Ex. Cardiac, neuro, antibiotic....

Customers are C&F agents, Hospitals, etc.

Sales starts with creation of Sales order and deliveries, then billing as per the credit period.

Sales order - Material code, Incoterms, Insurance, mininum delivery quantity, delivery schedules, partial deliveries, pricing for items, Taxes, discounts, etc...availabiliy check ( includes Quanliy management)

Deliver - Partial deliveries as per schedule lines, delivery quantity, Packing and shipping, PGI, Batch determination.

Billing - as per the Payment terms, any taxes, extra frieght charges.

Intermediary products - Sale of these products to other company for producing the finished product.Applies the same scenario as above but, includes packing conditions and shipping conditions.

Reward if help ful,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

In a pharmaceutical business scenario will be like this

The company procures the raw materials and manufactures medicines. Normally companies are divided into divisions depending on the speciality of the medicines

example: cardiac, gyanec, paediatric divisions.

each division have there own specific products.

and every company have its own offices in metros or appoint c&f agents or we can say them as plants.

THROUGH THESE C&F AGENTS THE STOCK FROM COMPANYN ARRIVES AND IT WILL STORED AT C&F DEPENDING ON THE ORDERS RECEIVED AT C&F THEY WILL BE BILLED TO CUSTOMERS EX:l PHARMA DISTRIBUTORS, HOSPITALS, ETC.

REGARDS

PRASHANTH

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>It will better if u give examples of a pharma clients business process.</b>