cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making debug output visible

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a problem with debug output (System.out.println)not appearing in the debug console. I have set the server in debug mode, and have created a new debug configuration with a single JSP having a <%System.out.println("Hello!");%> statement. The setup is completely local.

When I begin the debug, the page appears but I cannot see the Sop anywhere! Is it the port settings? Am I supposed to use the debug port to view my Sops?

I am very new to NetWeaver studio and WAS, so please help me with your knowledge. Normal run on port 50300, debug port is set to 1024.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both, Karsten and Detlev. I am now able to view the SOP output in the defaultTrace.trc file using the standalone viewer. The ConsoleLogs_UseSapAPI is still YES - but I am able to see the SOPs in the trace file. (Karsten - did you mean that setting ConsoleLogs_UseSapAPI to NO is a pre-requisite to be able to view SOPs even in the trace file? Or did you mean the IDE's console?)

What I want to know is if there is a way to "pipe" it into the IDE's debug console, which is the where other servers (eg Websphere) show them. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

> if there is a way to "pipe" it into the IDE's debug

> console, which is the where other servers (eg

> Websphere) show them

It's some years ago that I've developed against WebSphere ("bad" old VisualAge times), but that time, one didn't use WebSphere but WebSphere TestEnvironment; as said, long ago, but maybe this run with the same JVM as the IDE?

Anyhow, haven't seen what's your aim with SAP WAS / NWDS (or Eclipse)...

Best regards

Detlev

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

first, welcome on SDN! About your question:

a) The servers mode (debug or not) does not has any impact on where or if S.o.p are to be seen.

b) The runtime environment stays the portal (and it's JVM), even if in debug mode. So S.o.p are handled by the J2EE server, not by NWDS (Eclipse/IDE).

c) For the steps to see these S.o.p's, see /thread/38182 [original link is broken] and the links given there. Read completely! These are two very basic documents, but many people tend to ignore them...

Hope it helps

Detlev

PS: Please consider rewarding points for helpful answers on SDN. Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

you shouldn't use SoP at all.

If you want to see the output of existing SoPs, open the Visual Administrator, go to -> Server -> Kernel -> LogManager and change the property "ConsoleLogs_UseSapAPI" to "NO". Then restart your server(s).

Remember, changing these properties is NOT supported for productive systems!

Regards, Karsten