cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access a JCo dest define in the Web Content Administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have got a J2EE application developed on NDS and i want to access and use a JCo destination defined in the Web Dynpro Content Administrator as a Web Dynpro application done.

First: is it possible or not ?

and if yes please tell me how ?

Cheers,

Eric Gourdou.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Yes, it's possible. Check <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/35/42e13d82fcfb34e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">this</a> out.

HTH,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vlad,

it's not exactly what i want but i found this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/25/19e7752be1c8459258a072d87e3a34/content.htm

and precisely what i expect:

The SLD enables you to specify the JCo client connection.

The following source code example can be used for accessing a configured JCo client connection:

WDJCOClientConnection client =

WDSystemLandscape.getJCOClientConnection(“myJCOClient”);

But it's not enough for me: i can have got a specified configured JCo client connection from the Web Dynpro content admin but how can i get back all the elemements of this connection: login, paswword, ... or it's possible to use (call) it as is directly in my Java code ?

Cheers,

Eric.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

The following code enables you to get the configured JCo Connection.

IWDJCOClientConnection client =

If you want to get the User name/Password details, you can use the "IWDJCOClientConnection" to get the details.

//Getting the User name

String strUser = client.getUser();

//Getting the Password

String strPassword = client.getPassword();

If you would like to execute an RFC/BAPI, you can achieve it through the JCO.Client.

//Getting the JCO.Client

JCO.Client clientJCO = client.getClient();

Hope this is helpful for you.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying access the similar thing as stated above. Can you please tell me where to get jar files to compile my code for using these classes

IWDJCOClientConnection

WDSystemLandscape

I could not compile there code as I could not find which jar to add apart form sapjco.jar.

Thanks in advance

regards

Ashutosh

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

See

Regards,

Vladimir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we're trying the solution described above.

The application cannot be deployed on the WAS due to the following call:

WDJCOClientConnection client =

Here is the exception thrown by the deployment service:

server ID 8240151:com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Application xxx cannot be started.

Reason: it has hard reference to resource tcwdwebdynpro with type service, which is not active on the server.

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ReferenceResolver.processReferenceToService(ReferenceResolver.java:458)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ReferenceResolver.processMakeReference(ReferenceResolver.java:396)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ReferenceResolver.beforeStartingApplication(ReferenceResolver.java:328)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.beginCommon(StartTransaction.java:178)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.beginLocal(StartTransaction.java:152)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhasesLocal(ApplicationTransaction.java:356)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.runMe(ParallelAdapter.java:80)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter$1.run(ParallelAdapter.java:218)

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:79)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:150)

Do you have any information on how to activate the service or how to reference the jar in the J2EE application.

By trying to define the service with a weak reference, the deployment works but a ClassNotFound exception is thrown.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pierre,

Did you ever find a solution to your ClassNotFound exception?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre!

I fixed this prob:

when you use add reference and tc/wd/webdynpro, you get this exception. This hapens because at buildtime the service is tc/wd/webdynpro and at runtime it is just webdynpro.

you must set the reference in application-j2ee-engine.xml:

<reference reference-type="hard">

<reference-target provider-name="sap.com" target-type="service">

<b>webdynpro</b>

</reference-target>

</reference>

instead of

<reference reference-type="hard">

<reference-target provider-name="sap.com" target-type="service">

<b>tc/wd/webdynpro</b>

</reference-target>

</reference>