cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying the ESS source code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am on EP7.0 ERP05 NW04s and trying to modify the standard ESS Applications ,I imported the Development configuration and started modifying ESS applications .... but now I hear that you should copy the code into a customer namespace and then modify , ... otherwise the changes made are wiped off. There is also an 'Development Extension' guide ,if any anybody has a link to it ,please send it to me .....

Any help would be highly appreciated..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

Thanks for the reply ....my email id is sbhshtrpth@yahoo.com...I really appreciate your help.

rajendrengovend
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

The way it works is, you create Tracks in NWDI which will contain all your source code DCs. The customizations you make will be overwritten when you upgrade so the process before upgrading is you create another track for the new version and put in the new source code there. Then you need to compare or move across all your customizations from the old track to the new track manually. There are tools available but they don't work very well. send me your email address and i will send you the document for this.

Regards,

Raj