cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle client software

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the best way to find out which oracle client software we use.

Any tcode or sql statement?

Regards

Amar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnaks for all your return.

Sorry not to provide enough information. Here i'm in the middle of upgrading oracle 92050 to 10.2.x for BW upgrade. Here we are using oracle database 9.2.0.5.0 and oracle client is the same on HP Unix platform. In one step of upgrade, i have to first upgrade the oracle client 92080 that i did yesterday.Now i'm trying get the confirmation that oracle client is upgraded to 92080 from 92050.

I tried with disp+work -V but it shows only "DBMS client library OCI_920_64".

Seem to me "genezi -v" is working only for oracle instant client. I tried this one as orasid in /oracle/client but it is not getting any information.

Pls suggest if there are some other option to check the client software version in our system.

Best Regards

Amarjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The path where you installed the 9208 client is the same as indicated at the ORA_NLS33 environment variable of SIDadm? If the answer is YES, you got it!

Best Regards,

JC Llanes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To know what Ora client is your Sap kernel using, just go to your exe dir and run with sidadm:

<i>./disp+work -V |more</i>.

It'll show a line like:

<i>DBMS client library OCI_<b>102</b></i>.

Best Regards,

JC Llanes.

0 Kudos

Hi,

The solution depends on your Oracle release. If you have unix and the Oracle instant Client, then you can use the tool name genezi, to receive your Client software version. Use the following syntax 'genezi -v' from the instant client directory.

If you have windows with Oracle Instant Client, then find the OCI.DLL in the <Drive:>\usr\sap\<SID>\sys\exe\run\ and use the properties tab. It will show you the version.

But if you have Oracle 9 Client you should to compare the libclntsh.<ext> with the newest file in the client software. If you have an older version, then you have definitiv an old client.

Hope this helps,

Janos

Former Member
0 Kudos

which operating system are you using?

which sap product?