cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Validation" and "Without Validation"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a query regarding validation. I have an input field mapped to a context attribute of simple type date . Whenever I launch the application, the inputfield appears with a calendar icon next to it. Upon clicking the icon, a nice calendr pops up and I am able to click on my desired date. However, I am always prompted with an message indicating "Please give a value in the form of 25001987".

I am able to get away with this message if I were to turn off validation in my event handler as clearly explained in the tutorial "Usage of Validating and Non-Validating Actions". However, I am curious where this 25001987 comes from and how can I circumvent it should I like to have validation turn on for this event handler ?

Thank you !!

from

Kwok Wei

from

Kwok Wei

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems to be a bug. Which service pack do you use?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Armin,

Version: 2.0.11

Build id: 200503080124

from

Kwok Wei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please open an OSS message.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I think you are setting the value somewhere inside..Use invalidating action and print the data in that field..

Now check if its the same as u r entering..

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats the strange thing. I did not set the value anywhere, it seems to be pulling the value out of somewhere by default.

All I did was to create an input field bounded to an attribute of date type and dats it.

from

Kwok Wei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just print the value after making the action non-validating..

Try to set the debug mode in the server process and set break points and see..

Regards

Bharathwaj