cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkin all code for a dc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a new dc in the dev workspace. But I didn't log into DTR while creating it. So, I feel that even after checking in this dc, not all the files have gone to DTR. Can you please tell me how should I checkout the complete dc and check it in again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dhawal_joshi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You could open Design Time Repository Perspective and check which files are not checked in and could also check-in only those files explicitly . In DC scenario all files under def, src, WEB-INF folders has to be checked in DTR.

Another way to compare which files are not checked in .You could switch to different workspace , Sync inactive project from DTR and compare which files are not checked in .

Even if your Label Decorations for DTR are selected ( Preference >>General >>Apperance ) then files which are not in DTR will be marked with different icon in navigator perspective.

regards

Dhawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhawal

Thanks so much for replying. I opened the DTR perspective. I have inactive and active dcs under my workspace. Under inactive, I have all files there. But in active, I just find the basic structure and no other files. How do I checkin these files from inactive?

Please let me know the way to do this.

Would appreciate your help!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the "development Configurations perspective".

In the middle select you NWDI track.

On the right side switch to the tab "Activation View"

Right click on your activity and choose "Activate".

After that you can choose open request view and see if you get the green marks, then everything went well.

That state is now changed from inactive to active state.

NWDI does a re-deployment on the server and checks if your project is valid.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Now I go to inactive dcs of DTR perspective. I add all the new files. When I activate this activtity, it gives me an error:

...tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController [ Error]: System error during build.

Can you please tell me why am I getting this problem?

Thanks

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The CBS build is failing.

Check the error log generated on CBS build. Try to resolve via the log you are getting.

Share it if not you are not able to resolve.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashiwini,

Thanks for replying.

In the CBS log, the error :

FAILURE: The build failed since there already exists a "/gen" folder in the repository with checked-in files.

But when I look into active dcs of the DTR, I cannot find the /gen folder.

This is a new dc which I can delete from active dcs completely and then again add the whole dc.

Please tell me the way to resolve it without deleting anything from my local system. Also, now that activity is checked in, so would I have to force an activation ?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that you have checkin the gen folder.

Please check that you don't checkin the gen* folders.

Only the src folders should be checked in. At CBS the gen folder will created automatically, but since you have checked in the gen folder build fails while creating the gen folder.

Just check that gen folder is checkedin and remove it from repository.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

Thanks for replying.

When you say repository, do you mean DTR active dcs as when I look at the active dc of DTR, it does not allow me to delete gen folder.

I am very new to this, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should sync the dc as inactive project in your NWDS.

Then mark for delete the files in gen folder. Then submit this new activity and trigger activation.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying Ashiwini.

When I synced the dc, it asked to create an activity. Under that activity, there are many files with a deleted mark.

Please tell me how to proceed further.

Thanks

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now, right click on the activity and submit it.

While submission you will be asked whether to activate it also. Select Yes to activate. Check the activity gets build correctly.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I faced the same problem while activating the activity.

I followd the above procedure and the activity is scccessfully checked in.

I have one doubt ,in the transport view of DC configuration now its showing two activity,one which i have created for DC and another activity which is created while deleting gen folder from DTR.Whch activity i need to transport to CMS server ?Is it necessery to move the activity related to gen folder deletion from DTR to CMS server while releasing the activity of DC?

Its urgent.Please provide inputs.Points will be given for aneswrs.

Thanks

Susmita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

release both the activities

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Answers (0)