cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homogeneous System Copy on VMWare

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are executing a Homegeneous System Copy of (based on the+ Homogeneous and Heterogeneous system Copy for SAP Systems Based on SAP Web Application Server Java 6.40 Patch Collection+ Installation Guide) on windows 2003 server, following the Oracle 9.1 patch 4 especific procedure.

Tha SAPints export in the source system and import in the target system finisihes successfully. But the J2EE instance doesn´t work, apparently there is no dispatcher.

At first, we thought that we miss a step on the system copy installation, but after 5 unsuccessfully installations we are looking around ...and this question arises; we are working in a virtualized environment with VMWare ¿does it affects? ¿does it has something to do?

help woul be great and awarded

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

brad_landry2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

vmware does not affect to process.

Last year I did a 2004s portal system copy of our PRD to build a QA in a vmware.

Are you using a java dump or an offline backup for the system copy?

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad

we did both, the java dump and later the offline backup & restore procedure,

no one of them works, as I mentioned the installation succesfully finished, but in both cases the instance never gets green.

mmm, we are thinking about a inconsistency on data, the problem is that this portal version doesn´t has the consistency check tool.

regards, Alex

maybe I can send our documentated procedure, if you want to take a look

brad_landry2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not have success with backup and restore, so I used java dump.

Maybe you got a wrong password somewhere, but I doubt because you install is sucessful.

Important steps I had to do :

Update jdbc drivers for oracle. Changed database settings for autostart with os.

Copied FSDB folders, shared them. Modified autorisations on oracle and fsdb folders.

Verify ume connection (active directory) : No ume, j2ee crash.

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

about the UME, this is when you are creating the dump rigth?

we also have SSO with LDAP, where/when Do we have the ume connection? I don´t remember nothing related to that, but the dump ended without pronblems.

Another observation;

the dump size is about 1.3 G

and the database sizes more than 5 G, is this normal?

brad_landry2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can verify your UME parameters in configtool.

In you system copy, verify that the connection is ok, if not portal will not turn green.

Your dump size is ok!

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I need the documented procedure.

Actually i m stuck in export/import procedure and getting error.I want to know How to go about backup/restore method?

And what are the post steps to be performed to get the server up and running?

Regards,

Indu

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

doing an homogeneous system copy is not different on VMware than on a real physical system. Once the OS is properly setup, you should not see any difference.

refer to the following guide to help you out:

http://www.basisconsultant.com/docs/handbooks/homcopyv1.pdf