cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Sender Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a select statement that I am trying to run, and the statement will run on a DB2 terminal or thing perfectly, but when i try to run it in XI I get this error:

The JDBC driver returned the following error message: 'com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.SqlException: DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -204, SQLSTATE: 42704, SQLERRMC: ACXACCX.R2_TRANSACTIONS'. For details, contact your database server vendor.

I was wondering if it's because we're running a select statement inside a select statement and XI won't do that.

Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul !!

According to your info...your query works in the db2 terminal, but not when executed thru XI...and considering that XI passes the SQL query almost directly to the RDBMS, I think that the execution context of the SQL query via XI is different from the DB2 terminal one. Are you using the right connection parameters in the jdbc sender communication channel?.connection...username...password?? can you check via sql trace that the query that arrives to DB2 coming from XI is the same you entered in the DB2 terminal??

Regards,

Matias.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Paul,

As suggested by some fellow bloggers Check with ur <b>XI ADMIN</b> wether the <b>JDBC DRIVER</b>, <b>CONNECTION</b> parameters that have been used in your case have been provided by the vendor and installed on XI server.

<b>JDBC DRIVER:</b> Itz a java class that must be loaded by the jdbc adapter to be able to access the driver. ** Make sure this driver supports transactions**

<b>Connection:</b> Address with which a database connection is established to the database using the jdbc driver.

In case everything suggested as above that using is right then use sql trace or for testing purpose try to run juz a sample query *simple one* without any joins. Checks if throws any sql error.

HOPE IT WORKS. IF YOU GET THE SAME ERROR PLEASE POST IT AGAIN.

cheers,

*Raj*

*REWARD POINTS IF USEFULL*

Former Member
0 Kudos

the thing is is that the query works on the db, we just copy and pasted it over, I'm wondering if it's a driver issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't if this will help you guys to understand my problem or not, but here's what the query statement looks like:

select * from

(select * from

abcdefg.r2_specifications

where recv_time_stamp = ' '

and rcv_sys_ind = 'R3'

and (receiving_unit in ('DF','75','BN') ) ) as b

left outer join

abcdefg.r2_example a

on a.sending_example = b.sending_example and

a.receiving_example = b.receiving_example and

a.interunit_dr_cr_example = b.interunit_dr_cr_example and

a.send_time_example = b.send_time_example

Just wondering if there is anything in it that XI can't handle. Our system is down right now so I can't try what was suggested in the last post yet, but I'm still looking for anything more specific.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Paul,

The first thing from my point of view, what ever the query u give is not executed in XI side. XI just pass the query to the specifed vendor DB and get back the results. So I doubt that XI has probe with executing the query which you gave. The query is executed on the DB not on XI.

Moreover please find the below link and if you look the corresponding error code its says

Code 42704: An undefined object or constraint name was detected.

fyr:

https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9r5/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.luw.messages.doc/...

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Best regards,

raj

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this problem is part of database.. Check this SAP note 787116, may give some hints

Hope your syntax, drivers etc is ok in XI

Rgds,

Moorthy