cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS_04s (NW 7.0) Migration Issue; No Session Object Available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have several WebDynpro applications running in a portal evironment and need to share information between them during a user's session. Since not all of the applications are open at the same time in the portal WDPortalEventing will not work. When a user changes an account number they are working with in one Dynpro application I want that account number to be available in the dypro application they switch to as well. I used to accomplish this by storing the account number in the user's HTTP Session NWDS_04 by using the following code:

HttpServletRequest Request = ((IWebContextAdapter)  WDWebContextAdapter.getWebContextAdapter()).getHttpServletRequest();
HttpSession Session = Request.getSession();
Session.setAttribute("AccountNumber", text);

Now in NWDS 2004s (Netweaver 7.0) I am no longer able to do this as the above methods/interfaces have been <b>deprecated</b>. I can only read parameters from the http request object via IWDRequest.getParameters() method

Can anyone tell me of a techinque for storing a few user attributes for the length of a session? Is there some sort of portal session object I can use to store the user's attributes in? I do not want to store this information in a DB somewhere as the app performance will suffer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found a way to access the Session Scope using the new utility class

<b>WDScopeUtil</b> which allows you to store or get a variable in many types of sessions.