cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSCOLL00 runtime at 7am

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are at ECC 6.0, All our instances, DEV/QAS/PRD have a much longer run time at 7am for the collector for performance. TCOLL does not have any entires that only run at 7am, so I'm not sure why this is doing this, at this time of the day. The runtimes are very siginificantly longer. Whatever it is, and if it has to do it, I'd like to adjust the timing on that to hit at 2am, instead of 7am. Anyone know the cause.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jerry,

I guess the reason for the long runtime at 7am (and 8pm?) are caused by report RSDB_TDB, which run at those default times.

If you are in ST03N and switch to Expert-Mode you should find the "Performance Monitor Collector" and Executio Times in the left window.

Regards

Guido

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guido, thanks. The reason I didn't see that, I started my count of the times with 1am...not 00am or midnight. I see it runs at 7am. Also at 20:00. Every other hour of my collection monitor is being cancelled...(even hours), which brings up another question. The joblog says:

Step 001 started (program RSCOLL00, variant , user ID DDIC)

Clean_Plan:Gestartet von RSDBPREV

Function failed with return code = Keine Konfigurationsdaten

I think this is a known problem, but not sure. Anyway that's why I was seeing only the long runtime at 7am.

Is there any reason I can't change the run of that to other times???

And....as to the maintenance as documented in that note....my ST03N simply doesn't present the options as documented in the note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahhh. I see now there is table maintence from the execution time path you gave me. So the only issue open is the collectior aborting every other hour.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jerry,

you are right, it is a known problem.

Please have a look at SAP Note 991724.

Regards

Guido

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ALSO, forgot to also ask. Note 966309 states how to maintain TCOLL table via ST03. Our ST03/ST03N, does NOT present itslef the way this note describes on how to do maintenance to that file. Anyone know the reasons for that?