Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acknowledgement from a BPE fails inside an IDoc to BPE-scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have PI/7.0 SPS 10.

My scenario is quite simple: IDOC --> BPE (in XI) --> IDOC back to R3

Everything works good ... besides the acknowledgements.

I'm getting the error message

<SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="IDOC_ADAPTER">ATTRIBUTE_INV_SND_SERV</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>IP_KVVKS_CONTRL</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Unable to convert the sender service IP_KVVKS_CONTRL to an ALE logical system</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

I know, that the integration process has no logical system - that's true!

I know, that for "normal" IDocs sending from a BPE to SAP/R3, I can use a header mapping to enter a correct logical system.

But how can I do it with acknowledgements. Inside the PE I wanna send a transport acknowledgement back to R3.

Where can I enter a logical system for a BPE?

I tried to enter the logical system in the "adapterspecific ident." of the BPE - but it's not possible to enter a logical system two times (the logical system was already in use).

Afterwards I run the report IDX_NOALE to disable acknowledgements - works fine, but my boss wanna see the acknowledgements

What can I do?

Thank you all!

regards

Wolfgang Hummel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this by doing the header mapping in the Receiver Agreement.

In ur receiver agreement, under the header mapping section, specify the sender service name as Logical system (Business System) name of ur XI system.

I hope it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anurag,

the header mapping in Receiver Agreement just works for "normal" Idocs - but it doesn't work for acknowledgements sended from a BPE.

Thanks!

regards

Wolfgang

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

see if the weblog works for you.

/people/udo.martens/blog/2005/09/30/one-logical-system-name-for-serveral-bpm-acknowledgements

thanks.

-Adrean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Adrean,

thank you for your help.

The blog is quite good - and complex

I'm looking for a more simple solution - like turn on a checkbox, etc. )

I think, I have to study the blog and test it.

Thanks a lot,

Regards

Wolfgang

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is an option in the Receiver IDOC adapter called,<b> Restore Original Parties For Idoc Acknowledgements</b> . Have not tried this, but I think this option wil be able to help you out.

<i>Restoring Original Partners for Acknowledgments

If you set the relevant indicator, the original partners from the IDoc request message are used for acknowledgments. This means you no longer have to maintain the alternative identifiers (for party conversion) in the Integration Directory.</i>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/96/791c42375d5033e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards

Bhavesh