cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About ABAP Technical Systems and Business Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have an Integration scenary with XI and an R3 vía RFC. I've already created it in the development environment and when I'm going to transport to Consolidation and Production I find that the ABAP Business System related to the ABAP Technical System of the R3 have a different name from the development one.

In the Integration Repository everything its OK because my scenario is developped on a third party system BS and TS. The problem is in the Directory because of the BS of the Message interfaces....

I think that transport Directory scenario with .tpt wont work. I'll probably have to develop it in each environment... What do you think?

Regards

Gonzalo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need not manually create it in every environment.

Do you have a single SLD or multiple SLD?

The stratergy to transport ID objects depends on the SLD architecturing

Ragrds

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Multiple, I have 3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have two - Pre-Production and Production.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is what you need to do to move from Dev to QA.

1. Go to Dev SLD and Export all your SWCV, Products, Technical and Business Systems. This is nothing but saving of the SLD objects as a CIM file on your local machine. You would also need to export the Technical And Business System poitning to your XI integration server .

2. Go to the QA SLD and then import these objects exported in Step 1 in QA SLD

3. Now, create the QA Tech and Business Systems in the QA SLD

4. Go to the Dev Business systems imported on the QS SLD and you will have an option Transport Targets. In this map the Source Business System to the Target Business Systems.

Make sure that all Dev Business Systems have the correspodning Transport Targets for the QA Business SYstems

5. Now if you import the ID objects in QA , the business systems name will be renamed automatically.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Bhavesh,

Everything is well explained, just a question:

<b>What do you mind in here?:</b>

> You would also need to export the Technical

> And Business System pointing to your XI integration

> server .

The rest is very clear I thing that more than probably works. I give you the points.

Thank you very much.

Regards

Gonzalo

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gonzalo,.

I guess I forgot to point one thing to you

1. You need to create Transport Groups on your QA SLD. One for Dev and One for QA. You can create Transport Groups only for Integration Server Business Systems.

And this is why you would need to export the Dev XI technical System and Business System from the SLD of Dev and Import it into the QA SLD.

2. Create the transport groups and then assign all Dev Business Systems to Dev Group, all QA Business Systems to QA group and then create the transport targets.

You use the Option related Integration server in the Business Systems to assign a Business System to a Group.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again

Answers (0)