cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baan to SAP migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need a document about masters / transactions which are reuired to be uplaoded during migration into SAP.

In fact, trying to have a document about "Baan to SAP Migration" or "SAP Data Migration" document which can tell me data which need to be migrated and how we can automate migration process in SAP.

I would appreciate if anyone can send me related document @ sandeepmarwha@rediffmail.com.

Thx in advance

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

Hi

Incidentally I am into BaaN to SAP project. But, be assured that although we call it as BaaN to SAP project just because that the client organization has BaaN as ERP solution currently and they are now moving to SAP, there is no significance reusable components when we consider these two ERP systems.

So, it is almost like a green field implementation as far as you as SAP consultant. Only advantage is BaaN is also a very matured ERP system and hence your data mapping becomes easier but at the same time, I am also facing the challenges at times when it comes to few instances of functionality and data content.

I don't believe in exchanging any information through emails as it won't benefit others.

Just to list some of the Master data that is coming to my mind, I am listing down below:

1. Material master (They call it as Item master in BaaN)

2. BOM

3. Work centers

4. Routings

5. Vendor Master

6. Source List

7. Info record

8. Customer master

9. Conditions (Pricing)

Above are only main masters. Apart from this you also need to upload transaction data which is primarily driven by customer requirement and expectations.