cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICM ADMIN username and password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi frnds

I have installed SAPNW7.0ABAPTrialSP12 on my system. I have started the application server and it works fine but when i click on ICM in MMC it is asking me to enter ICM ADMIN username and password.

What needs to be entered please let me know?

Thanks

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the below links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/82/9e98d786f040209e6a9e8145153939/content.htm

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/01/10/how-toconfigure-sap-webdispatcher-as-a-reverse-proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/82/9e98d786f040209e6a9e8145153939/content.htm">Create Administration User</a>

1. As user <sid>adm go to the directory where the executables are kept and call up icmon &#8209;a pf=<instance profile> .

The following appears:

Maintain authentication file

============================

File name (icmauth.txt): .

2. If you are happy with the default file name, press the enter key, otherwise enter a different file name or path.

3. In the next menu choose a (add user to set).

4. Enter the user name, then the password twice, the group name, the subject of the X.509 certificate (wildcards allowed, and it can be left empty).

User Name: icmadm

Enter Password: *****

Re-enter Password: *****

Group name: admin

Subject Value of Client Cert: CN=template,*

new entry locally created

The user created is in group admin, the user is therefore an administration user without administration authorization. In particular this user can create further users in the Web admin interface.

If you select another group name other than admin, create a monitoring user that can monitor, but not administrate, the ICM/Web Dispatcher.

If you want a user to be able to log on only with the X.509 client certificate, you can enter an x as the password (with queries), which makes the following entry (in the example) in file:

icmadm:x:admin:CN=muster,*

5. Choose s (save changes of set to file), to copy your changes from the local buffer to the authorization file.

6. Choose q, to quit the program.

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

ICM admin login and password will be generated during the first time you access the service.Please check the following blog.Hope it will helpful.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/01/10/how-toconfigure-sap-webdispatcher-as-a-reverse-proxy

Thanks

Anzy

Award points for useful posts

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Were you able to solve this issue? Does the above tutorial was of any help to you.

Thanks

Anzy

Please close the thread and Award points if your problem is solved.