cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Availability - XEON processor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am looking to install SCM 5.0 on Windows 2003 64 bit and MS SQL 2000, looking at the PAM availability, it appears its available for X64 and IA64 :

MS SQL SERVER 2000 WINDOWS SERVER 2003/X64 64BIT

09.12.2005 Released

MS SQL SERVER 2000 IA64 WINDOWS SERVER 2003/IA64 64BIT 30.01.2006 Released

The server we are using is a x3850, 4 x Xeon Dual Core 7150N 3.5GHz/667MHz/16MB L3

I am correct in undertsanding this will need the X64 version of SAP? IA64 is Itanium isn't it?

Also, is there anywhere on SAP that shows Product availability to CPU compatibility, all I can find is Product availability to OS/DB release, not if it is compatible with a particular processor, I would like to see how many SAP's this processor combo will deliver?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ecnirp,

Yes, use x64 version of SAP kernel/installation for XEON processor.

Consider MS SQL server 2005 64-bit please. It should be included in the installation packages. Then you have a true 64-bit environment.

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor

Thanks for the response.

So the XEON chipset is fully supported for SCM 5.0, is there anyway of telling how many SAP's the XEON Dual Core 7150N 3.5GHz/667MHz/16MB L3 chipset is rated at?

Paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

XEON chipset is fully supported for sure.

The number of SAPs is hard to tell... You can get a quicksizer report then forward it to your hardware vendor/partner. Also the final performance depends on how SAP is installed, configured, and tuned - information just unknown at the early stage. Choosing an expandable platform could help in the long term.

Best regards,

Victor

Answers (0)