Did you mean: 

output PDF file using FTP file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All,

I am doing exercise by following the blog,

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/27/xi-generate-pdf-file-out-of-file-adapter

Now I uncountered two problems,

1. I can not import taget schema FOP XSD to XI. Could anyone tell me how to do it (step by step)?

2. When I build the module, I got the error saying "Driver can not be resloved", I have download fop-0.93-bin-jdk1.4.zip and included its all the jar file in build and bin directory. But I still get that error. I added "import org.apache.fop.apps.Driver;" to the ModuleData process(). But I got an error say " import org.apache.fop.apps.Driver can not be resolved" . Could any one tell me how to sovle this one

3. Is there any other way I can do to output PDF file using FTP file adapter? I have to build a scenario SAPproxy(PDF file string build in SAP)-XI-PDF file.

Thanks a lot!

Marea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Couldn't you just just file Content covnersion now for that last statement?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Paul,

This link seems useful. I will take close look at it.

Marea

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have a look at those two blogs :

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/11/28/e-mail-xml-messages-in-pdf-format-from-sap-xi

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/11/15/post-installation-steps-for-activating-adobe-document-services-in-sap-xi-nw-2004s

maybe they will give you some more ideas except adapter module

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Michal,

Thank you for you information. I look at the both link. But it seems they don't work for me. Now I am thinking building my own module (I never done it though ). Do you know how I can get the specific massage content. For example, my message is <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><nr1:PDFString_MT xmlns:nr1="http://olemiss.edu/XI/application"><PDFString>abcdefg</PDFString></nr1:PDFString_MT>

Can I get the content "abcdefg" only and sent it out as a file through FTP adapter? I mean I want to build a module to take the xml tag out, then only send out content. Do you know how I can do it in my module.

Thank you!

Marea

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Do you know how I can get the specific massage content.

of course - all my adapters modules had to do that

but it's described with sample code in pdf for adapter modules

>>>Can I get the content "abcdefg" only and sent it out as a file through FTP adapter? I mean I want to build a module to take the xml tag out, then only send out content

but if you want to delete the XML you can use content conversion

(no in file adapter but even in adapter module - check out pdf about

content conversion with jms to understand)

you can do lots of things in adapter module

BTW

you can alos create a PDF file with the use of

SAP conversion agent (it will also create an adapter module for file adapter)

this way you can create a PDF with no programming at all

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Michal,

I know I can use

Message msg = (Message)inputModuleData.getPrincipalData();

to get message. But how I can get the tag value (that "abcdefg")?, Can you give me some example code? Also HOW can I use content conversion in my adapter module? do you have some sample codes or can you provide some ralative links? Thanks.

Marea

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>>But how I can get the tag value (that "abcdefg")?

I know how to do it now.

Marea

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>to get message. But how I can get the tag value (that "abcdefg")?,

with DOM how else

>>>do you have some sample codes or can you provide some ralative links

sample code:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f02d12a7-0201-0010-5780-8bf...

Regards,

michal

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

hope your issue is solved then

Regards,

michal