cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII Server availability

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am wondering what are the possible scenarios that xMII server is unavailable to shopfloor. I am listing some of the possibilities that I know.

1. When network is down

2. When there are some changes related to transactions, database changes ( non SAP ), security related ( roles, role attributes) moved from xMII quality server to production server.

I don't think we need to bring down xMII for cosmetic changes in HTML pages.

If some one can add or correct me then that would be very great help for me.

Thanks,

Srinivas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

The 'network down' situation typically effects more than just client browser access to the xMII server, especially if the xMII server is not physically situated at the shopfloor data center location, and this is one of the many reasons that we encourage a distributed architecture.

The only time you would need to bring the xMII server down would be for service pack updates, OS updates, Microsoft reboots, etc. All content changes, like html, javascript, query/display templates, transactions, etc. take effect immediately. All configuration changes (data servers, time periods, schedules) and security changes (users, roles) should also take effect immediately since the editors take care of that for you.

If you are promoting content and configuration from test to production I would assume that you are doing this at a scheduled time, and if you do need to restart the ServletExec-xMII service for any reason then it should not matter. If you are overwriting the system configuration xml files on the file system then it will require the service to be restarted.

Regards,

Jeremy Good

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Any follow-up concerns on this?

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Welcome Jeremy,

I kept open this thread just in case if some one wants to add some more points based on their experience.

Thanks,

Srinivas.