cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm new to XI as well as to SAP. I'm from Java background.

I was given a Functional Design Document. And I need to make a Technical Design Document. Can anybody tell me what all about this Functional Document and Technical Document and what should they contain?

Thank you.

Regards

Prabhu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Out technical documentation is like a "Paint by numbers" - very much step by step.

Anyone with a small amount of XI can pick on of these up and follow the step by step instructions to rebuild the interface.

Unfortunately, due to intellectual property rights, I am unable to share these documents.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

Functional spec tells u about the business functionality of the scenario. Moreover its in high perspective. I'll give u an example.Technical spec deals with how u are going to achieve the scenario. Like wht all the objects u gonna develop etc...

Best regards,

raj.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Functional document conatins what adapters have to use and Business Logic.. Where as Technical Document we have to mention the Name of the adapters and design of the Scenerio like BPM ..

Functional Documentation tell us the functioanlity of the interface. This is written by the Functional guys who have indepth knowledge about the functionality what they are looking from the interface. They may even take the help of technical guys to some extent.

Technical Documentation tells us how the interface is going to be worked technically. Here we will mention what are the adapters, naming conventions etc we are going to use for the interface. This is written by the XI developers. This are purely my views and this may change from person to person jenni.

This will help you

Regards

Agasthuri Doss