cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Receiver, Stored Procedure that Deletes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a stored procedure that deletes fields in a table based on a lot of different criteria.

I can't use DELETE or SQL_QUERY ie Statement3 and 6 in http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/frameset.htm . I can only use this Stored Procedure.

This is my message type.

<MT_HEADER>

<Statement>

<ClearTable>

<action>.......attribute...set to EXECUTE

<table> .......maps to Stored Procedure

<isInput> ......attribute... set to TRUE

<type> ........attribute...set to STRING

However, I'm getting this error

ERROR: Invalid XML document format for stored procedure: 'type="<SQL-type>"' attribute is missing for element 'table' (Setting a SQL-type (e.g. INTEGER, CHAR, DATE etc.) is mandatory !)

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Damien,

If you look in the link you have procided, the datatype for Stored Procedure every element needs to have a TYPE attribute asscoiated with it and you need to give the corresponding Datatype of that element,

<i>The attribute type=<SQL-Datatype> , which describes the valid SQL data type, is mandatory for all parameter types (IN, OUT, INOUT).

The following SQL data types are supported:

INTEGER, BIT, TINYINT, SMALLINT, BIGINT, FLOAT, REAL, DOUBLE, NUMERIC, DECIMAL, CHAR, VARCHAR, STRING, LONGVARCHAR, DATE, TIME, TIMESTAMP, BINARY, VARBINARY, LONGVARBINARY, BLOB (input and output),CLOB (input and output), CURSOR (output; only in conjunction with the Oracle JDBC driver).

</i>

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've added a type for each onethat in but this

"Invalid XML document format for stored procedure: 'type="<SQL-type>"' attribute is missing for element 'table' (Setting a SQL-type (e.g. INTEGER, CHAR, DATE etc.) is mandatory !)"

error is still occuring. Any example I've checked does not have an attribute added for table.

For the table element, I have an attribute called type which is mapped to a constant called String?

Any ideas?

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Damien,

Can u check this weblog might be useful.,

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/21/jdbc-stored-procedures

Best regards,

raj.