cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM Configuration Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to add J2EE engines in the SDA/SCA deployment option in NWA ->Administration->Mobile Infrastructure->Mobile Archive Converter. Whenever I try to add a J2ee engine and SDM port config, I get a null pointer exception. Also the password box is disabled. I have done a local installation (without defining any SLD). Also i tried a workaround for this using the Mobile Components page. When I Undeploy components, I give the J2EE details with SDM port and password and checked the Save Details option, but it does not save the J2EE details. Can anybody help me out?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satyendra_dhar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Veer,

Hot fix is availble in following location please download it form here and deploy it using SDM.

https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=WI3KLUU68UPDPXSPR3ZTO86S2N3HHEUTK6I9SS7MTEFX44...

SDM you can find -: J2eeInstDir\usr\sap\instancename\serverinstname\SDM\program\remotgui.bat.

start the bat file login with credential, select deployment tad, add the zip or sca file, and say deploy.

Regards,

Satyendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done that.....but I get the same error.....Is there any direct SAP note link or something else.....for more info on this?

satyendra_dhar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Veer,

Had given a wrong link please deploy the sca from the following place and deploy it.

https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=E4FE029TDO1QTGSWQ5INOCFOAMCM7SCA215VQDSMP0F45P...

Former Member
0 Kudos

when I click on the link, it says that it is an incorrect id. There must be SAP note about this. Can you give me the same?????

satyendra_dhar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Veer,

There is no specific note for the solution.

Here is the correct link-:

https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=E4FE029TDO1QTGSWQ5INOCFOAMCM7SCA215VQDSMP0F45P...

Regards,

Satyendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks......Now the problem is fixed. By the way I have another problem. I have done the installation as "Local Installation" (that is without SLD configured). Why I am telling you this is whenever I click on the Generic/Smart Sync Queue monitor I get the message "Could not start plugin". What should i do to get these monitors running, with the local installation itself.....Or should I configure an SLD? Can my WebAS act as my SLD?

satyendra_dhar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Veer,

Follow the steps for configuring monitors.

You can use the SLD of any middleware!!but SLD should configured.

STEP 1.

Do the SLD settings.

Visual Admin: Service -> SLD Data Supplier ->: Tab CIMClient Generation set

Enter following-:

Host: ---

Port: ---

User: -

Password: -

Step 2

Restart the engine

Step 3

When the MI Monitors UI are deployed, it creates 2 JCO Destinations that have to be configured

to point to the correct ABAP System.

http://ServerName:PortNO/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcwdtools/Explorer

Login through UI...

Check that the SLD Connectivity is ok by clicking "Check SLD Connection" > "Test Connection"

Select Maintain JCO Destination

Create both destinations one by one. (You will find the status RED -> select create to make it GREEN)

metadata --> dictionary data

modeldata --> application data

Select MIDDLEWARE in the dropdown and enter the credentials.

Regards,

Satyendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still having problems with SLD.... I have posted the same in the following thread:

Please go through it and tell me what to do......

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

I gladly would, but I am not the original poster of this thread.

Maybe it should be opened as a new thread with a better matching headline, since this problem probably will happen to other people.

Or is this bad manners to double post?

With the deployment of NWMADMIN20P_2-10002889.sca it now seems that all my monitoring works ... still need to test a bit.

Sorry, I am pretty new here

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont think there is a problem with re posting for better clarity to others.... I will give the answer there again and you can give me points....

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have made the question unanswered for u to give me points

Message was edited by:

Veeraraagavan R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it ...

In Tx SMLG I forgot to SAVE the new assigment the first time.

Now the test works.

This should make it into the Installation Guide ...

Trying to assign points, but not sure whether it will be possible, since this is not my question and it was already marked as "answered".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!!! This helped a lot but there is still something missing in my configuration.

I could now create both Monitor JCOs. The Status light is green. But when I test either of them I get the following error:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=misapdev GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=MID MSSERV=sapmsMID PCS=1 ERROR Group PUBLIC not found TIME Tue Aug 07 09:57:30 2007 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT LG VERSION 5 RC -6 MODULE lgxx.c LINE 3541 DETAIL LgIGroup COUNTER 1

So "Group PUBLIC not found" is the important part, I guess. I created the Group in the User-Management of NWA. probably the wrong place. Still the same error message.

Cheers, Andre

So how do I create such a group?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same Problem with the configuration of the Monitor JCO Destinations

> Select Maintain JCO Destination

>

> Create both destinations one by one. (You will find the status RED -> select

> create to make it GREEN)

>

> metadata --> dictionary data

> modeldata --> application data

> Select MIDDLEWARE in the dropdown and enter the credentials.

In Step 4.2 the drop downlist has "<SAPID> <hostname>" and the other input fields are disabled. At the end of the process "Finish" I get the following error messages:

MsgServerName is not defined.

SystemName is not defined.

LogonGroupName is not defined.

I have no idea how to set them.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have a running SLD, then go to http://<host>:<port>/sld. Then click on "Technical Landscapes" Then Click on "New Technical System", add the necessary details about your middleware ( or backend if you want to have a backend in the landscape). Now once this is configured, you can select the Message Server. Also you need to check if the Group "PUBLIC" is assigned to your middleware/backend. Use the smlg transaction to check the same. Once you are sure that your instance is assigned to GROUP PUBLIC, Press F6 or click on the "Message Server Status Area" icon (purple in color). Here you must see an entry in "Logon Favourite Storage" with your instance and group PUBLIC. Hope this solves your problem

Message was edited by:

Veeraraagavan R

satyendra_dhar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Veer,

Can you also try to access some other links (DeviceMaintenance, ParameterSet)and see whether the same message is getting displayed there.

I think this is the problem in J2ee_engine.. if you deploy the SAPJRA.sca for sp21 then it will solve the problem.

Regards,

Satyendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

they r also having the same problem....By the way I am not able to find SP21 of setupjra.sca. Can u give me the SMP path/link for the same????

satyendra_dhar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Veer,

Check middleware table MEMGMT_J2EE_LIST.

Is there any entry J2eeHost and port on it.

Open MobileArchiveConverter UI of NWMAdmin, Click on "SDA/SCA

Deployment" button.

Check whether the same entries are getting listed in the table

available on J2ee-EngineDetails UI.

If not then at the same time can you check in NWMAdmin is displaying any

message on top on ArchiveConverter UI.

Note message will be displayed on the ArchiveConver UI not on the

J2ee_engine details UI. Please don't close the J2ee_engine details UI,

and check for the message.

Regards,

Satyendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two entries of the same engine. I get the message "Connection handle is already closed and no longer associated with a managed connection" Should I delete the second entry? Also no entries are displayed in the UI.......... And hey.....table maintenance is not allowed for the table ......I cannot modify anything with the table

Message was edited by:

Veeraraagavan R

satyendra_dhar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Veer,

Pwd field will be only enabled if there is already an entry for the J2ee_engine in the middleware .

If you are deploying the sda first time then you need to first add the J2ee_engine details.

After adding it select the J2ee_engine from the engine details table available on the same UI, Now you can find pwd field enabled.

Deployment steps.

1. create sda.

2. click SDA/SCA deployment.

3. Click on add button and then save button.

4. select the j2ee_engine from the table.

5. Enter pwd and say next.

6. select the sda to deploy.

7. say start deployment.

8. Do a reload.

Regards,

Satyendra

satyendra_dhar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please let me know the SP-level of J2ee_engine and NWMAdmin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Web AS 6.40 with SP 20

satyendra_dhar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Perform a add j2ee engine, don't do a save from archive converter and let me know if NWMAdmin is listing any msg.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I click on Add, I am able to add J2EE engine name/ip andsdm port. When I click on save- I get HTTP 500 failed to process request error. When i click on next, the engine name/ip and SDM port fields get reset.....

satyendra_dhar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Had you done the check i asked in my previous reply.