cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing data in Wb Dpro for Jv/EP instd of fetching from R/3 each time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have built <u>staffing request application</u> for which data for drop downs is being fetched from R/3(which in turn calls CRM for client info etc...). Because of this loading of appln. is taking significant amount of time.

Is there a way where : <b><u>we can store data at EP/Web Dynpro side by feching from R/3 once (..and whenever requiered) instead of fetching it each time application loads</u></b>.

By this I feel application loading time will get reduce and also user frustation of using application gets lowered even if we can't eliminate that completely.

Thanks and Regards,

Gangadharayya.

Message was edited by:

Gangadharayya Hiremath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One way can be:

Create a model node in component controller. This node will be loaded from RFC.

Create another node in same context which acts like cache to previously created node.

Use the the node (acting cache to previously created node) for mapping in the view or else where.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

But for "Create a model node in component controller. This node will be loaded from RFC" I need to make RFC call before loading of application, which also I dont want to do.

i.e. I need to get data from R/3 only when I need, otherwise application need not interact with R/3 at all for FETCHING basic data for drop downs.

Thanks and Regards,

Ganga.

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The model node is populated when you call execute() method on the model node. You can defer it till the point you want first hit to be made to the server.

But on the hit complete node will be populated. The performance imporvement you can do is to create cache this data so that again the node is fetched from the server.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma