cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ip addresses of WebGUI connected clients

0 Kudos

Hello!

For a current project I need to find out the ip addresses of connected users to the SAP system. I like to determine the ip addresses via ABAP. The difficulty is that users will connect without a SAP GUI. Instead they will use the SAP WebGUI.

In addition to that I like to establish a connection to a connected client.

But I don't know how to realise that without SAP GUI and the ability of RFC. Do I have to install a small Webserver (e.g. Apache Tomcat) on the client? Or is there another possible solution?

Ok. I write it a little bit shorter ;). My tasks are:

- Finding out ip addresses of WebGUI connected users via ABAP

- Establish a connection from the SAP system to a connected client

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

to get the IP address you can call function module ALEWEB_GET_CONTEXT with parameter FIELDNAME = ~HTTP_REMOTE_ADDR.

This will give you the remote address ITS talks with. If there is a proxy in between ITS and browser you might get the address of the proxy.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot :)!

Do you also know how to establish a connection like a RFC connection to a client without the SAP GUI? Exists a SAP product like RFC client server or somethinglike that?

I could install a small web container but a solution with a SAP proprietary software would be better.

Thanks again

Thomas

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I would check the SAP RFCsdk. With RFCsdk you can tailor a RFC client and server for your need.

Best regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Hi :)!

I considered that but I like to establish connections to a bigger amount of clients which ip address is unknown until they are connected. Further I didn't found an option or possibility to configure a rfc connection with dynamic ip addresses. I don't like to configure 1000 rfc connections. It would be great if I had a solution like a remote function call with a configurable destination at runtime. I read a lot of articles but I didn't find an answer to my problem. Or am I just blind ;)?

Best regards

Thomas

Answers (0)