cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing alert in my RWB ALERT INBOX !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have read the blogs/forums in order to implement my alert inbox but until now I don´t know why my I can not see my alerts in the Run Time Workbench Alert Inbox.

Please see the steps that I have performed.

In the Abap Side

I have created an alert category D with this information:

In the properties tab I fill the values fields for Description,priority,Max no of dels,expiry time in min, escalation active,escalation recipient,tolerance

In the container tab I have entered some variables

I fill the long and short text for email

In Settings ---Configurations I have only filled the status handling mails for errors status and the logging fields

In the Runtime Work bench Alert Configuration

I have created a new rule for my category

When I go to the rwb alert inbox , no error was triggered

In the SLG1 transaction for alert I have this error : No e-mail address is entered in Customizing for XML forwarding

Do I have to enter an email address in the Settings ---Configurations?

My purposes are to show the error alerts in RWB alert inbox …

In my above descriptions do I had to configure something else?

be aware that services are running ok .Please give me a step by step action that I have to realize in order to trigger the alerts in the RWB alert inbox.

I have already read the forums, blogs and note for this, I am a little confused because my implementations are not working.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stan,

Go to ST22 , make the user id as * and see if there is any ABAP dumps on this

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Have to added the requied users in Fixxed Receipts ?? make sure you add the users there and check for those user the email address is alredy specified .( this you can check in scot transaction).

For more info on alerts refer to following blogs .

Alert Framework

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

auto trigerring of alerts

Thanks ,

Suvarna

Award pts if it helps .

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this...

1. From the alert category definition environment (transaction ALRTCATDEF), choose Settings -> Configuration.

2. Ensure you are in change mode.

3. If you want to be able to confirm alerts by SMS or Internet mail, you must enter the user created to receive all incoming mails in the Inbound Processing section. For more information, see Alert Confirmation.

4. In the Status Handling for Mails section, you can specify which statuses are to be reported. The first setting refers to the system being informed, and the second refers to a status mail being sent to the sender.

5. In the Logging section, select Write Log only if you want additional information about the actual processing of the alerts. This information is logged using the standard application log and can be viewed in transaction SLG1 (object ALERT).

(Source: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9c/34193cb4f5131de10000000a11405a/frameset.htm)

Hope this helps

Cheers

Manish