Any idea about open client activities?

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

Best example of open client activity is number range for various objects. Number range is never transported, but is a open client activity.

Also some settings in EDI are done open client.

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

in <b>T.code: SCC4</b>, they will change the <b>Change Transport</b> sub screeen to <i>changes without automatic recording</i>

then any configuration you do will not develop a REQUEST.

Reward if it is helpful.

Regards,

Anbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Open Client Actvities:

If i am right this is the answer to your question:

Normally, in development and quality clients will be locked for modification. All configuration settings will be locked so that no one modifies them.

Just in case there is an urgency to change some setting, then client maintenance team is requested to OPEN the client.

Once the client is opened, then all config level and data maintainance can be done without CTS numbers.

These activities are termed as OPEN client activities,

correct me if i am wrong;

Hope this will help you out !

Regards,

Syed Nasir

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Whenever there is an issue in the system which is not solved by consultants, the issue will be intimated to SAP by means of an OSS message. Now SAP will ask the client to be opened and ask for a user id and password.

If the client is opened, then SAP can be able to logon to the client from their location and test the scenario.

Another scenario can be where a transport has nto moved properly to the production system, but there is not enough time to move the transport once again. Now people just open the production system , which means, any configuration can be directly done in the system.

Now the changes can be done in the production system directly. After that the system will be closed for any configuration.

Hope this helps.

Reward if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

ThanQ iimnava

Any eg's on open activities