cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sender rfc..async rfc to file scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since im new to XI...Can you please give a overview of the whole scenario which meets the requirements... wrapping 1 rfc in another and then passing the final export parameters to a file using XI..

->i refered to

also to the blogs 1438 and 3865.

but the things r so abstract as to how to triggger the rfcs..

Is it like calling the first rfc frm an abap pgm n calling the second one from first ...the only way?? How to achieve this?

->In what cases do we need this wrapping??

Is there any way as to just pass the export parameters of a single rfc to a file using xi.

->Dont know whr to start the scenario to work out...even the mappings are confusing...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you provide the entire requirement?

Why do you need a Wrapper RFc etc?

In the end you write a report that calls this RFC in bakcground and sends the export parameters to XI, it does not matter what is done inside this report as long as you are sending the appropriate export parameters to XI.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

For implementing Sender RFC: (yet to work on this)

1) We cannot use all the BAPI/RFC as is while doing an Async sender RFC.

2) We should use a wrapper around this BAPI/RFC and it should be a custom RFC again.

3) All the data that you need in XI for mapping should be passed through exporting or tables only.

4) Importing parameters should be commented.

5) Call this custom RFC in BACKGROUND TASK with DESTINATION. COMMIT WORK after calling custom RFC.

6) Create RFC destination with Program ID same as the program ID in your communication channel.

7) Import your custom RFC into repository.

😎 Use the custom RFC(request not response) as interface in all your agreements and interface mapping,

message mapping.

That should be all the steps. You should get your data in receiver adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bhavesh..

i specified the requirements above.Thanx for replying so soon..

i didnt get the point u wrote me..does it mean u r saying one rfc is enough.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think Michal had pointed in the thread previously that all these inference are wrong.

Decide what is the format in which data is to be sent, .i.e decide the RFC and its export parameters and import it into XI. After this things are simple.

All you need a is a report that populates the data for this RFC. This report can call many other RFC's but in the end the data that is triggered to XI has to be in the format expected by the RFC imported in XI

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for your patience..

Can u please specify any blog which has the overview of such a scenario..

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2006/12/28/send-rfc-to-sap-xi-150-asynchronous

This blog desctribes this.

You will need to follow this blog for the code and Michal's blog for the Configuration of the TCP IP connection

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (0)