cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User logon details for portal and J2EE instances running on different pcs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am developing an application in WebDynpro using RFC functions from the back-end R/3 system. The users are essentially going to access this application front-end from the portal and one of the functionalities require me to capture the user details on the same form which bring ups some data from R/3.

Our portal and J2EE instances (with the SLD configured) are running on different machines and due to this, I am not able to obviously deploy my application on the portal server since I cant maintain any JCO Destinations because of no SLD configuration there.

I can however deploy and run the application on the machine which has the J2EE and SLD running on it, but on the flip-side, I am not able to get the details of the user logging and accessing this application through the portal.

If I deploy the application to the J2EE machine and have the user access the iView's through the portal, is there any way I can get the login details of the user logged on the portal?

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Vicky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vicky

Since your Webdynpro and EP are running on different J2EE instances until and unless the UME's are the same , you will not get the logged on user details using WDClientUser API. All you will get is a null when you try to access the logged in user of the Portal in your WebDynpro.

Well you can do a roundabout way wherein you can write a Portal service that just retrieves the user name and password and then expose this portal service as a webservice. This will get you the logged in user and password in your Webdynpro.

But logically ensure that the both instances make use of the same UME. That should do the trick instead of writing this roundabout thing.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The J2EE instances are indeed using different UME's, so I reckon I might have to go the 'roundabout' way.

Thanks very much for the response.

Regards,

Vicky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)How to make the WebAS (Webdynpro) and EP point to same UME?

2)I am new to WebServices. Can you pls let me know how to achieve this in roundabout method?

Message was edited by: Aditya Atluri

0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

Try {

IWDClientUser wdUser=WDClientUser.getCurrentUser();

IUser user = wdUser.getSAPUser();

if (user != null)

{

IUserAccount[] acct = user.getUserAccounts();

if(acct[0] != null)

{

String strUserid = acct[0].getLogonUid();