Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Login Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have 4 apps servers (Ap2, Ap3, Ap4, Ap5) and 1 db server. I find it unusual

that we can log in to R/3 more than once when we log in to 2 apps servers in

the following sequence; Ap3->Ap2 and Ap5->Ap2.

All other sequences such as Ap4->Ap2, Ap3->Ap4, Ap5->Ap3, DB->Ap2, and so on and

so forth we can log in only once. The second login attempt is blocked by

the system.

Parameter login/multi_login_users = 1 is maintained in all servers.

What could be the problem?

Thanks,

Kiko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you have set the parameter to :- login/multi_login_users = 1

So only one user can login to each Application server , one at a time only.

When another user tries to login to it checks the parameter first and blocks there.

Also might be there is another parameter , which asks for either you want to continue with the new login and terminate the first or terminate the earlier and continue with new login.

For further reference refer :-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/41c43ac23cef2fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regrads,

Manomeet

• Award Points if useful **

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manomeet,

In profile parameter login/multi_login_users you have give user ids which would be allowed mutiple logons even if login/disable_multi_gui_login is set to 1. You dont have give numerical values like 0 or 1. Just user ids seperated by a comma. 1 doesnot mean that only 1 user will be allowed to login !

That is controlled through rdisp/tm_max_no.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Enrico,

Initially looks like issue with AP2. But after you state :

<i>All other sequences such as Ap4->Ap2, Ap3->Ap4, Ap5->Ap3, DB->Ap2, and so on and

so forth we can log in only once. The second login attempt is blocked by

the system.</i>

I am a bit surprised now.

More so because login/disable_multi_gui_login is set to 1. Anyways just check the check box Same on all servers is selected. Though I guess it must be already done but still it would be better to give it a glance.

However what I am interested in knowing is whether this issue is coming in for all users or for select few users. I would suggest that no values should be maintained for profile parameter login/multi_login_users. We have kept the values blank. Just try it and let me know.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not the problem. organization logon policy set like that.

What exactly you want to do with logon to different application server.

Regards

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP doesn't allow multiple login. We would violate SAP software agreement if we allow the users to login more than once.

Our R/3 should block the user if he attempts to log in again while the same User ID is currently logged in regardless of the server. In our situation, this doesn't work eventhough the parameter login/disable_multi_gui_login = '1' is activated in all the servers.

Strangely, it only occurs if the user login first to Ap3 or Ap5 then to Ap2. For other combinations the blocking is working.

Thanks,