cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a Bapi on XI ABAP stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I have to call a Bapi defined on XI ABAP stack. I want to use a synchronous scenario in which my sender channel uses a File Adapter. The Bapi that I have to call is defined on the same SAP XI, then I don't know if my receiver channel has to use a RFC Adapter or an XI Adapter. If I use a RFC Adapter, I don't see any message in Message Monitoring. Instead, if I use the XI Adapter as Receiver, I get this error:

HTTP response contains status code 401 with the description Unauthorized Error when sending by HTTP (error code: 401, error text: Unauthorized)

Thanks to all!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>I don't know if my receiver channel has to use a RFC Adapter or an XI Adapter</i>

No XI Adapter configuration required. Use RFC adapter

<i>

I want to use a synchronous scenario</i>

Synchronous scenario using file adapter can be achieved using BPM. A workaround would be

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

at this point, can I use a JMS adapter as sender in a synchronous scenario?

Thanks!

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would be a similar case.

/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2007/01/18/syncasync-communication-in-jms-adapter-without-bpm-sp19

/people/sudheer.babu2/blog/2007/01/18/asyncsync-communication-using-jms-adapter-without-bpm-sp-19

Regards,

Prateek

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to use the Receiver RFC adapter and this will contain the details of your Xi server in it.

What is the issue you face when you use the receiver RFC adapter?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

XI adapter is mainly used in case of ABAP proxies. technically it sends the HTTP request. For ur problem i guess u can use RFC receiver adapter with connection parameters of same XI server.

also with File Sender adapter u can't have sync interface.

Regards

Rajeev