cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pathway to follow for learning SAP XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I think that I am the only one here without any prior knowledge of SAP,ABAP,J2EE,EAI or any other xi related technology. But I have spend around 6 months in learning XI by myself, but today also i don't find any confidence in myself to take any task on XI. As all these months i was wondering between the <b>help.sap</b> ,or other materials available to me..without following any specific path to learning XI

Now I feel I have wasted a lot of time, but i still want to learn this technology.

I have worked on .net framework,ASP.Net and C#, c etc.

So can you plz guide me , how should i start and proceed in learnin XI as i also dont have authorization to al the parts of XI as I am using clients machine.

I would be very greatful and thankful to all the replies.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

plz go thru the eLearning page of this forum, there you can get demo sessions and thy r really helpful.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/a680445e-0501-0010-1c94-a8c4a... [original link is broken]

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks,

I have gone through many of these but I dont understand where to start with.Which topic i should start with to make a foundation and how should i stack above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it necessary to first learn ABAP or SAP R/3 Or J2EE bfor learning XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Start with

a) What is XI?

b) what are the advs & disadvs

c) how diff comparing to other middleware tech

d) The overview of XI and how it has evolved in the market

As suggested by Bhavesh, start with Sravy's blogs but my sincere advice dnt read for the sake of reading try to understand the concepts first. If you find any difficulty... SDN is thr not to worry.. be ready with ur Q&A session.

All the best

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks alot.. i will start as u said, and will definately get back to u wid my querries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Is it necessary to first learn ABAP or SAP R/3 Or J2EE bfor learning XI.

there is no hard & thumb rule... but as developer, you have to work with all the above, hence need to have a gud knowledge is desirable.

regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rookie,

to add make sure to go thru this:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/22/new-to-xi

also, most of the people in XI are from either java or abap background. try to get the basics of the two. In java, SAX n DOM + just chk out some basic codes.

Regarding SAX and DOM there are lot of threads discussing the same issue.

go thru the R/3 concepts + basic abap - just brief idia..n just go ahead...

kanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rookie,

Since u have studied XI for the past 6 months..m sure that u have gone thru all the docs (most of them) + blogs of XI. M still wondering why u r so confused from where to start. By now, ur XI concepts - Basics must be clear ????? just go ahead...dont worry..

+ Regarding ur confidence, ,,I feel one shud hav some hands on practice of the Basic scenarios..starting from File to file or so . so u need the server. May be its available in ur company ???

kanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah kanan

I hav gone through many of the docs in help as well as in sdn, but the problem m facing is definately the hands on..m clear wid d basic architecture the concepts of business sys,logical sys, sld etc but the problem is definately the hands on and the other thing is i dont know how to dig deeper , but i think the sravya blogs given to me will help me alot,

so thanks all for your quick response, will get back to you for further details..

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read thru Sravya's blog series,

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

Regards

Bhavesh