Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

requirment type ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

i have created a sales order and saved it and in change mode when i go to the

procurment tab i see that requirment type field is in grey mode , what could be the reason ? it is not the usual phenomenon .

kindly update.

regards

sriram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

I think you are talking about "Movement Type" and not requirements type as it is not present at the procurement tab in a sales order. Requirement type comes into picture only in the case of Transfer of Requirements to MM/PP.

The movement type at Procurement tab in a sales order is controlled by Schedule line category that is selected at each line item level.

Depending on if the item is a returns item (651) or a delivery item (601) or a consignment item (631) etc..............the movement type will be decided.

That is the reason the system will not allow you to change the movement type in VA02 mode. or else you have delete the whole item and input it again and let the system decide the new movement type depending on the item.

<b>Reward points if helpful</b>

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai sai,

iam not talking about movement type, the procurement tab in the overview screen

in va01 . there u can find the requirment type that u maintain in the stategy in the

demand managemnt in the production planning and also what u maintain in the

item category + mrp type settings in TOR.

kindly update

regards

sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

Got you this time......................

Requirements types identify different requirements for each line item material in a sales order, such as sales order requirements, delivery requirements or individual customer requirements. The requirements types can be changed, for example, in order to represent customer-specific terms.

Its true that it gets to grey mode in VA02. Requirements type determines the planning strategy that is used for a particular requriement.

So, as soon as you save an order.............VA01........the requriements of each line item are trasnferred to MM/PP depending on the planning strategy chosen for each material at the material master record. Therefore there is no chance of re-entering the requriement type again in change mode.

Hope i've answered your query this time.

<b>Reward points if helpful</b>

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai sai,

i accept your funda, but that is not the case in all times ,other times that does not go to grey mode i can change that.

i wanted to know is there any config setting that after creating the sales order,

the requirmnet type changes to grey mode,usually that does not change.

what can be the reason ?????????

regards

sriram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

Well, if you enter any packaging/ returnable packaging material in the order along with the main item, that doesnt require any requirement planning, then the requirement type would not be greyed out.

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the schduline category controls in VOV6 you have field order type assing the NB that well give solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai konda reddy,

NB is not assigned , iam doing only a normal sale order ,not third party sales or

indivual p.o , can u be a little more clear.

thank you.

regards

sriram.