Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

the following is my requeirment:

We are developing a product in ABAP and i need to create a authorization object and authorization group. I need to assign the Authorization group to a program whcih we developed in ABAP.

Now my issue is i created the authorization object in SU21 and Authorization group in se54. Now i need to assign the Auth object which i created to the auth group which i created and finally need to assign the auth group to the program.

Please let me know how can i do the assigning part of my auth object to my auth group.

Thanks,

Veera

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I fully understand, this could mean a few things........

First of all there are a few steps to securing an ABAP program

1. Assign Authorisation Group

You assign an auth group to a <i>table</i> in SE54. You can assign an auth group to a program in SE38. This can give an extra level of control at the point of execution of the program via auth object S_PROGRAM

2. Create auth object

You create your auth object in SU21

3. Reference the auth object in the code

The code of your program needs to reference the authorisation object, so include an AUTHORITY-CHECK statement for your auth object and code in the appropriate logic for.

4. You will probably be assigning the prog to a transaction code so do this via SE93

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try out executing the report "RSCSAUTH". This report is used to assign programs to Authorization Groups.

Report Authorization Maintenance

Many SAP programs are supplied either with an authorization group which does not fit in with the customer's authorization system or without an authorization group altogether. This report allows you to maintain the authorization groups for such programs without the need to change the program attributes. It also allows you to restore customer-specific authorization groups following an Upgrade.

Program RSCSAUTH generates a list of type 1 reports ("Program" column), the authorization groups as maintained by SAP ("SAP" column), and those maintained by the customer "Customer" column).

The "Customer" column is an input field where you can enter your own authorization groups.

When you choose "Save", the customer-specific authorization groups for all SELECTED reports are copied into Table TRDIR. This has the same effect as changing the authorization group in the program attributes, as existing SAP authorization groups are overwritten. The authorization groups for each report are also entered in Table SREPOATH. This is to allow you to restore customer-specific authorization groups following an upgrade by running RSCSAUTH again.

Hope it helps.

Please award points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh