cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed a view in a Tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

As I am new to WebDynpro,I have a doubt.Can anyone clarify this.

I have a Home page which is having 1 tabstrip with 5 tabs.

And I have a seperate view for Employee registration form.

But I want to Embed this Employee reg Form to one of the tabs in tab strip.

Is there any way to do this?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to tabstrip ui right click on that then go to tabscontent right click on that select insert child and add ViewContainerUIelement .

This ViewCOntainerUI element will be added as a view in ur Window so go to ur webdynpro explorer and open ur window and click on that viewcontainer element

right click on that u can embed existing view.

Regards,

Sirisha.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In whichever tab u want to include the view Right click on the transparent container and include child view container.Expand the window .There will be view container under the view .Right click on it and embed existinng view

Regards

Rohit

0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

You can use a ViewContainer UI Element for this purpose.In the Home Page, right click on the Tab Content in the outline and insert a ViewContainer UI Element and give it a name.Then goto the Component->Windows and the name you have given for the ViewContainer will appear in the homepage view;right click on that and choose the option embed view and the Employee reg view into that viewcontainer. hope this helps you.

Regards,

shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Thankyou for your valuable reply.I got exact result what I expected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Include :ViewContainerUIElement" in one of the tabs.

2. Expand the windows ->expand the view and include the second view that you want to display.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AnilKumar,

Your solution helped me a lot.Thanks for immediate response.Thank you very much again.