Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get MAM work on my PDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear folks,

I got the following with me.

1. A PDA of O2 make of model XDAII

2. I got the login for the MI webconsole.

3. I found in the webconsole that the administrator has already uploaded several mobile components.

4. I have activesync on my notebook and my O2 PDA.

What do I do next in order to get all the required stuff into my PDA and start making the MAM application work on my PDA? Please let me know if you require any other details to help me.

Ok. Some developments since I posted the message..

I was given a URL from where I could download the MI client. I logged into it and selected the language and selected that i needed that JVM. The next screen on my PDA says "No installation exists yet for selected component.

thanks

Bala

Message was edited by:

Bala Aluru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Did you install creme which is the JVM for pocket devices...Before installing the MI Client required creme with correct version is to be installed on the PDA.The creme is available from nsicom.com...

You can know required creme version for your OS from the following SAP notes

notes 720225

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

I have installed the CreMe and the MI client. I got a new item in the start menu of my PDA. It is ""Mobile Infrastructure". I clicked on it. When I click on that menu option it is trying to open a URL with port 4444. But there is no resulting page.

Is there anything more I am supposed to install before I can start it? Don't I need the MI client patch, DB2e? And only then can I expect to connect to the MI server and access the MAM?

Any clues pls?

thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

The technical prerequisites for implementing the Mobile Asset

Management scenarios is:

<b>Backend:</b>

R/3 4.6B SP41

R/3 4.6C SP33

SAP R/3 Enterprise Core 4.70

R/3 Plug-In 2003.1 SP05 for Mobile Asset Management 2.0 (Additional)

<b>Middleware:</b>

Web AS (6.40 Basis/ABA SP10) or Web AS (6.40 Basis/ABA SP10)

See composite note 788913 for related notes to install on support package 10

Additional:

Mobile Engine 2.5 SP10 Server Component and the SAP Mobile Asset

Management 2.0 middleware components (Sync BO’s)

<b>Client:</b>

Operating system of the device must support JVM (Pocket PC 2003, Win32)

Disk space: Minimum 64 MB

JVM (CrEme)

Mobile Engine 2.5 SP10 client Mobile Asset Management 2.0 WAR file

In addition to these technical prerequisites, orders and notifications must be available in the

backend system for downloading, and this data must in turn be assigned to the field technician.

Refer the note: 617494 (Central note for Mobile Asset Management 2.0)

refer this guide to understand the Best Practises

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/mobile/mobile%20infrast...

Hope this helps

Regards

Divya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For getting MAM to work your PDA you require a CrEme which can be downloaded from nsicom website. You also need the MI client software. This should be provided to you by the people doing the installation of the MI server. Next, save this MI client (it's a cab file) into your PDA and click on it. That will install the MI client. Then make the settings of the MI server in you PDA and run the synchronization. Before running synchronization specify which applications you want to run on you PDA. Like Mobile sales or MAM etc.. This is specified in the MI web console.

Create orders in E.C.C. and run synchronization and see them on ur PDA. Vice versa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I first installed the CrEme file CrE-ME412_ARM_CE42_PPC.exe on my PDA. The hardware of my PDA is

CPU: Intel PXA263.

Speed:400MHz

RAM: 128MB

Then I got the file MI25Tom_en.CAB. I believe this is the MI client for PDAs. I installed it through activesync.

Now, based on my understand from several blogs and other reading materials I came across, I clicked on the link which was created in the start menu of my PDA after I installed the MI25Tom_en.CAB file. PocketIE starts to open a URL http://127.0.0.1:4444

But I get the error "page not found". What went wrong where? I dont think the CrEme is a wrong version I installed because I think I could start the Cube game.

Any clues pls?

thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Which version of MI are you using & also which version of DB2e are you using? Please clarify.

Regards,

Nameeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nameeta,

MI Web Console 2.5 SP 16 Patch 00.

Will the MI client not work without the DB2e? I have not installed DB2e.

thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

The reason why I asked is one of the versions of DB2e was not compatible and hence resulting in a Page not found error.

Anyways, this is just a test. Please replace 127.0.0.1 with localhost & invoke the URL. Lets see if this works.

Regards,

Nameeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that too. But did not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

On a PDA, the runtime is java so you need to have JVM (CrEme). generally CrEme 3.29 is suggested.

Will the MI client not work without the DB2e?

You will not need this until you are working on any database based application.

it is better you have it for any future application developments. Not a compulsory for MI.

Hope this helps

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bala

Please refer to my replies in the following threads and this would be of help:

BTW you cannot use Creme 4.1 for MI 2.5 since it is not supported. You can use Creme 3.27A. In the above thread i have also mentioned the link to downlad this version.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

sandeep_rs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

A small clarification here:

There is nothing like a database based application. MI is an offline mobile framework meaning that all MI based applications will run on the framework in an "offline" mode. Its vital for offline applications to have access to data when they are not connected. This is the place where the database on the MI client fits in.

MI offers file persistence as the default database to all MI applications but using a standard DB engine like DB2e is always preferred. From the application point of view, it need not care whether file or DB2e persistence is used - the APIs exposed by MI for persistence is always same. Whenever you need better transactional safety and data security, you can go in for DB2e for your application.

Best Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

thanks for the earlier thread you gave me. Finally, the MI client worked! I now have synchronization problems. But before that there is one thing I wanted to confirm. Like you said I waited for about 1 minute for the Tomcat server to start. It did not seem to have. Also, I checked the jscpout file and there was no message like "MI started" etc.. Then I had almost lost hope thinking there was a problem in my PDA. Just as a freak try I opened the cube demo in the CrEme folder and it started an applet in which the demo game played. I tried the MI link again and it opened the 127.0.0.1:4444 link successfully.

However, after logging in entering the server details in the settings I got synchronization errors. I will come to that again with more info soon. But first I wanted to confirm with you if there was a chance that Tomcat started only when I opened that demo?

Sandeep,

thanks for that useful info.

Divya,

thanks to you too. I replaced the CreMe with the 3.x version as u said. And I believe that this partly was the reason for things reaching till here.

thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

as I said earlier the MI client's working but not able to connect to the server. The following is the log.

synchronization Log

Synchronization started

Connection set up (without proxy) to: http://<server>:<port>/meSync/servlet/meSync?~sysid=xxx&;

Connection to server failed.

Error: cannot connect (java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://<server>:<port>/meSync/servlet/meSync?sysid=xxx&client=NNN&~language=en&ACKNOWLEDGE=&)

What could be the reason? Pls help.

thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

Have you created the property file in your J2EE Visual Admin as mentioned in link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/92/0d603d13b5c72ee10000000a114084/content.htm. If not create it and perform a sync.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

this was already done. There were some RFC connection problems between the MI server and R/3. That has been done now. Still I am getting the same error when synchronizing.

Any tips pls.

thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

Then can you please check if there are any short dumps in the middleware that occured for the sync user.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

This a very common exception that people get. If you seacrh forum on "Sync FileNotFoundException" you will see quite a few threads.

Two most common problems:

1. MJC services are not configured properly or not activated.

2. You specify a wrong port in the settings. (ABAP, not java)

To check services:

1. Start transaction SICF.

2. Enter MJC as the service name and choose Execute. The path default_host/sap/bc/MJC is opened.

3. Open the node MJC and right click the service mi_service, check whether it is activated. After this check for mi_host, whether it is activated.

Cheers,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Larissa. We activated the MJC services and I could connect with the MI server. I also did the first synchronization. I faced some errors but finally I got the "synchronization completed" message. I created maintenance orders in the backend and I ran sychronization again. I also did the relevant config in the MAM section of Plant Maintenance in IMG. But the orders are not appearing in my PDA.

Any clues? Does it have anything to do with the SyncBOs? What is the typical path to see the SyncBOs?

thanks

Bala

Actually when I am now clicking on the MAM application on my PDA it is just running and there is no output. I waited for 30 mins and still nothing has come! My understanding is that if there are no orders the application should show an output without any orders. But right now the application is running endlessly.

Message was edited by:

Bala Aluru

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

This is a third issue you raise in the same thread.

I would advice you to search SDN for your new problem - you will find plenty of clues (ex. cascading issues) and if you still don't have an answer - open new thread. Because and by now current subject does not reflect you real problem your question might not be viewed by people who can help.

Regards,

Larissa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larissa,

I asked because I searched and found no earlier thread discussing my current situation. But your point taken is well taken. Am opening a new thread. Pls pay a visit.

thanks

Bala