cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS Setup - One package to two seperate landscapes

Former Member
0 Kudos

My customer has one development instance that services two test and production landscapes for seperate geographical regions. This is a new installation and they are developing using packages. They currently belive that they can transport the objects from those packages to each landscape via the same package, transport layer and transport route. I'm contending that that is not possible due to each package having only one transport layer and that they will have to create a seperate package with the same objects for each landscape if they want to transport to both. I'm a bit inexperienced at this and could use any advice available to confirm that either I am right or that it is possible to transport to two seperate landscapes.. Is it possible to setup STMS transport routes to transport to two seperate environments from the same transport layer?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi joe,

It is possible in stms itself add two external system in any one of the domain controller.

Regards.

Kalenthirababu.p

"Reward point it will always encourage me to answer more question"

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

Thanks but the customer does not always want to transport to both systems and that is what is causing my difficulty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Your contention is correct. A package/development class can be assigned to only one transport layer at a time.

My solution may not really match your business requirements. However if it possible to identify objects that will be needed in both the systems then you can assign them a single package which will have a common transport layer which will serve both the test systems and subsequently production systems. A bit of manual work but should solve this for you.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kalenthirababu,

Can you provide me with more information? How does external systems help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

link the common transport layer from DEV, to a Transport Target, from which you can transport the request to 'n' (QAS) systems at a time.

hope this info helps!!

regards,

Rajesh,

<i>pls award points!!</i>