cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item category change of BOM header material after BOM transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I heard that the item category of BOM header material would change into 'T(text item - for information only) ' after BOM transfer in PS.

I tested it on my company's IDES. However, it didn't happen. The item category of a header material was 'L' after BOM transfer as well as before.

There extists customizing to change item category ?

Thanks for your help !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whatever you have heard is right but it doesnot happen in BOM transfer. For that to happen you need to go to Project Builder and:

1. Go to material overview of activity where you want to attach the material.

2. Enter the header level material with qty and item category

3. Select the line of header level material and press right click of mouse (or on keyboard if earlier doesnot work OR directly press 'CTRL+F6' to explode BOM). Select explode BOM from the list. Enter appropriate data and you shall have desired result.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. It's BOM explosion not BOM transfer.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally, header material doesnot get transfered during BOM transfer.

Header material is produced in house hence it has to be stock item only i.e. category L.

In case of assembly item the header material gets transferred but with quantity of '-1'. You need to define transfer point for this to happen during bom transfer.

So if at all (only in case of assembly item) header material gets transferred its item category shall be L and not T.

Regards