cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg. the Context objects creation and usage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are going to send 3 signals from CRM system to EDI system. All the three signals are going to use the same IDOC type on the CRM outbound side. Basically we are using the same IDOC type to send Repair Orders, Quotations and Release for shipment.

Repair Orders -

mapped to -

> 856 EDI signal

Quotations -

mapped to -

> 947 EDI signal

Release for Shipment -

mapped to -

> 862 signal

so we have 3 different mappings for the above type of orders and we are going to use the same IDOC type for all 3 type of orders.

so whenever we create any one of the above orders on the CRM side, then an IDOC would be generated and the same IDOC would be mapped to the above three different signals. So my question is that how we need to route the each Order type to the corresponding EDI partner. How do we control the routing in the Receiver determination?? We have a specific data element in one of the segments of the IDOC to differentiate the each Doc. type. Can we use the Context Objects in the receiver determination to route to the different partners based on the Doc. type data element? if so then how do we create the context Objects in the IR and how to use it in the ID?

I would be very much thankful to you if you would explain me the usage of the context objects.

Murthy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narasimha,

You can use XPATH itself instead of going for Context Objects. I'll tell the suggestion for routing, next we'll discuss about the usage of context objects.

your outbound interface is same.

Create Receiver determination with 3 configured receivers. Give conditions for each receiver say

DOC TYPE = A 856 EDI signal

DOC TYPE = B 947 EDI signal

DOC TYPE = C 862 EDI signal

You can easily define the conditions , by choosing the help in the condition editor.

Create 3 Interface determinations with respective mappings, 3 receiver agreements.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

raj.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. You need not go to context objests. Receiver determination step suffices your requirement as mentioned int the above reply.

VJ