cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter monitoring with central SLD!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

we have central SLD in our landscape(different host from XI server),and our basis guys installed PI7.0 SP12.And AE is local as I can see under Integration server.

I can see JPR in adapter in adapter monitoring.

I have question here!

should it needs to show all the list of adapters (FILE,JDBC,JMS,SOAP etc)in adapter monitoring in RWB?does it vary,if sld is central or local ?

what is the ideal way.

thank you,

babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>should it needs to show all the list of adapters (FILE,JDBC,JMS,SOAP etc) in adapter monitoring in RWB?</i>

Yes. All the adapters that r shipped free with XI. The list u menioned above are all shipped wid XI.

<i>does it vary,if sld is central or local ?</i>

No

<i>what is the ideal way.</i>

Ideal way for adapter engine installation? Use decentral only when load sharing mechanism us required.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

prateek,

thank you,for us in RWB->adapter monitoring ,it shows only JPR.

I know we need to import BASIS component and do the cache refresh.

my main concern was ,where the adapter engine should appear in RWB under integration server or under non central adapter engine if we have installed central AE and central SLD?

and it has show all the adapters when we install central AE and with central SLD when we furthur click the show all adapters?or is it changed since PI 7.0 to cummunication channel monitoring and no adapter monitoring?

thank you.

note:changed my wording in the heading as it might confuse."IN central SLD" to WITH central SLD"

thx.

Babu

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>where the adapter engine should appear in RWB under integration server or under non central adapter engine if we have installed central AE and central SLD?</i>

Under Component monitoring -> Integration server -> Adapter Engine

<i>and it has show all the adapters when we install central AE and with central SLD when we furthur click the show all adapters?</i>

As i mentioned above, u may view all the adapters after clicking

Adapter Engine -> Adapter Monitoring

<i>or is it changed since PI 7.0 to cummunication channel monitoring and no adapter monitoring?</i>

Yes. Now the monitoring of adapters r much intensively done by Communication Channel Monitoring

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally,

<b>and it has show all the adapters when we install central AE and with central SLD when we furthur click the show all adapters?

As i mentioned above, u may view all the adapters after clicking

Adapter Engine -> Adapter Monitoring</b>

>>with the above ,I understand list of adapters should show up under adapter monitoring.if they doesn't show up then its the problem with the installation.

Am I right?

thank you.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>if they doesn't show up then its the problem with the installation.</i>

Yes.

In PI7.0, thr s communication channel monitoringg. This is whr v find adapter details in PI7

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Central or Decentral doesnt matter you can still monitor.

I would:

1) succesfully import basis components

2) cache refresh via url ..../CPACache/Refresh...

3) send dummy message once the communication channel is active and you do not see it - then you have a problem.

sincerely,

NM

Answers (0)