Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Question1:

I have to schedule a file at every 5 mins or max 15 mins, how can this be schduled in file adapter.

Can I follow the folloing blog to achive above functionality:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

Question2 :

Which one is better way whether to pick up files from FTP server or FTP server should send file to XI at a specific fime.

Question3:

There are around 100 stores which will send files at there closing time of store and all are in different time zones. How can I handle this for scheduling the files for a single interface.

Regards

Rinku

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rinku,

A1 : This can be easily done in the comm.chanel itself. Give the polling second as 300 secs or 600 secs. Thats more than enough. The functionality described in the blog will be useful only if you want the comm.channel to be active for a particular time ,let say everyday 12:00 to12:30 my channel needs to be active.

A2: I couldn't get the second question. But the best optimization on comm.channel would be connect "per file transfer".

A3: Did all the stores send file with same name to same directory. I think it will not be the case. Say for example store1 will send Store1.xml, store2 sends Store2.xml, etc..... isn't it? Can u please clarify this. If they send diff.file names then in sender comm.channel u can give *, so all the files will be processed for same interface no problems will occur.

I hope it helps you. Give your feedback on the above answers

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Rinku,

>

>

> A1 : This can be easily done in the comm.chanel

> itself. Give the polling second as 300 secs or 600

> secs. Thats more than enough. The functionality

> described in the blog will be useful only if you want

> the comm.channel to be active for a particular time

> ,let say everyday 12:00 to12:30 my channel needs to

> be active.

> <b>As per your answer, I don't have to activate the channel, right just need to give polling time. Can you tell me any instance when the channle needs to be active?</b>> A2: I couldn't get the second question. But the best

> optimization on comm.channel would be connect "per

> file transfer".

> <b>I was asking if the file is placed on FTP server then would it be good it FTP server pushes the file to XI or XI should pick up the file. I am not sure if this is the valid question or not. Is there any option to be enabled for "per file transfer" in communication channel?</b>>

A3: Did all the stores send file with same name to

> same directory. I think it will not be the case. Say

> for example store1 will send Store1.xml, store2 sends

> Store2.xml, etc..... isn't it? Can u please clarify

> this. If they send diff.file names then in sender

> comm.channel u can give *, so all the files will be

> processed for same interface no problems will occur.

> <b>You are correct with the example that all files will have different names, but do I need to specify any time for this as all the stores are in different time zones.</b>> I hope it helps you. Give your feedback on the above

> answers

>

>

> Best regards,

> raj.

<b></b><b></b>

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rinku,

-

No , I didn't mean that u don't need to activate the channel. You have to activate the channel.

-

The sender FTP adapter acts as GET(FTP Command) inorder to get file from particular FTP folder, its not possible for FTP Server to push into XI. So Place the file on FTP server , XI will poll and get the file.

-

No , need to specify any time. Normal polling time which u have given id suffice. For every 300 seconds , it will look for the file in the FTP server if its there then it will take the file and process.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one has any other suggestions.

Regards

Hema