cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

communication wtih seibel system

Former Member
0 Kudos

After going through previous threads I have seen that we can communicate with seibel system either of file, Jdbc or http adapters. I believe there is also a thrid party adapter available like iway adapter. If anybody is worked on this particular scenario could you please tell me the best option to work with ?? What is the basis to select best one out of these ??

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I hv worked on the integration of siebel system with ECC. Both Siebel-iWay adapter and HTTP are gud, but if you consider the configuring Siebel-iway and maintainance cost better go for HTTP. In our project, initially we worked with Siebel-iWay some how client was not happy and during QA environment, we have moved to HTTP. Reg file, plz get the confirmation from the Siebel ppl, whether it is possible or not, i have a doubt.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vijaya Lakshmi ! Thanks for your rpely ! Could you plz tell me some typical problems .......due to them your client shifted to http adapter from iway adapter ??

Meanwhile what are all the configuration steps that you did on seibel system ??

Once the data is reached to seibel system from XI, how the seibel system will process the data ?? I mean whether it will be directly updated to DB tables or any further processing to be done manually ??

If we use http adapter I have observed there are no much parameters to fill-in !

1.Addressing type a)HTTP Destination b) URL Address . which one we got to choose ?? If I am not wrong it might be HTTP Destination. Plz correct me if I am wrong.

If you have any doc's or links for the same plz provide me the same at kumarpalnati@gmail.com. I am desparately looking for some material int this reagard!

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> Could you plz tell me some typical problems .......due to them your client shifted to http adapter from iway adapter ??

cost ws one of the issues...bec interfaces were working fine without iWay so we were unable to justify our client why we need iWay....and no one from iWay was able to provide us the details that what value can iWay add to the interfaces

>>Once the data is reached to seibel system from XI, how the seibel system will process the data ?? I mean whether it will be directly updated to DB tables or any further processing to be done manually ??

Siebel guys were jst concerned with the URL on which thy have to send the data...

in case of updates...we do further processing manually...but in case of acknowledgement/response...its updated in DB directly. There are Siebel standard connectrs and business services which siebel use... have to create Workflows which get data from Siebel, convert it to XML and send across on a specified URL to XI.

Hope, this clears most of your doubts.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ! If I am not wrong you are talking abt the scenario where seibel system is on the sending side. So you mean there is a provision(probably got to create workflow) in seibel by using that you will be able to send the data to particular URL ??

But I have a scenario like idoc-xi-seibel where seibel is on the receiving side. So in this case whether we will select addressing type as "URL address" or "HTTP Destination" ?? How the data will be updated in DB tables of seibel system ?? Is there any special configuration steps needed in seibel system ??

thanks

kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Shall I know where the file is dropped from the Siebel and in what format

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ! seibel is on the receiving side. Basically the scenario will be like r/3-xi-seibel

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Great, May I know whether the Siebel will accept the file.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doss ! That is what I understood from previous threads and from sap help ! Plz let me know your thoughts !